If you thought the movie was great, just wait until you see the trailer. Now you can make one yourself in iMovie ’11. Choose from 15 movie trailer templates in almost every genre: adventure, drama, romantic comedy, and more. Graphics and titles flash across the big (or small) screen. The legendary London Symphony Orchestra performs an epic original soundtrack. And suddenly your home video goes Hollywood. Movie trailers are easy to create. Just click your clips to drop them into the storyboard. Add character names and personalize the titles. Then iMovie works its magic. It trims your clips to fit and adds transitions, titles, and special effects. The result? A trailer tour de force.
All-New Audio Editing
Go from indie filmmaker to master sound editor with new audio editing tools in iMovie. Sound effects, voiceover, and music — you control them all. iMovie shows you detailed audio waveforms for all your clips. They’re color coded, so you can see where the audio is overpowering. To adjust the audio levels of a clip or part of a clip, just drag the volume slider. To shorten or extend fades, drag the fade edges. As you make changes, waveforms update immediately so you always see what you hear. And the new single-row view shows you your entire movie project in one horizontal row, so it’s easier to preview and edit your soundtrack.
A dog running in slow motion. A wedding ceremony sped up. Pee Wee baseball instant replays. Home videos are even more entertaining with visual effects, and you can make them happen with a click. Add jump cuts and flip effects perfectly timed to music. Transition parts of clips from color to black and white, sepia, or a dream haze. Choose a clip, choose from over 12 effects, and click to apply.
People Finder What’s a movie without a great cast? iMovie makes it easy to find your stars without digging through all your footage. By analyzing your video for faces, People Finder identifies the parts with people in them and tells you how many are in each scene. It also finds the close-ups, medium shots, or wide angles so it's easy to grab video clips as you need them. People Finder is great to use while you make movie trailers. You can quickly find the right shots and drop them into the movie trailer storyboard.
Sports and News Themes
Today’s headlines: whatever you want them to be. Turn your video into a broadcast news segment complete with sophisticated graphics, sleek transitions, and hard-hitting titles you write yourself. The News theme is a fun way to announce a graduation or a new baby. Want to report real-life news? Share your story with CNN iReport directly from iMovie. With the Sports theme, you can turn a Pee Wee baseball game, a round of golf, or skateboarding at the park into sports video highlights. Add sports graphics and transitions. Choose from dynamic animated titles, such as game score, team face-off, and player stats. The Sports theme even includes a Sports Team Editor that seamlessly integrates your own player photos, rosters, statistics, and team logos into any Sports theme movie.
Your World Premiere
iMovie ’11 lets you view your movies in more ways and in more places. Enjoy them right in iMovie with high-resolution graphics enhanced for the Retina display on the new MacBook Pro. Export movies to iTunes and view them on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV. Share them with your friends on Facebook or premiere them with a YouTube or Vimeo audience. And publish newsworthy content to CNN iReport. When you export HD video at full 1080p resolution, whatever you share will stun everyone.
- Allows iMovie to be installed on computers with some older video cards
- Addresses reliability issues when updating projects and events from previous versions of iMovie
- All-new, streamlined design
- Share clips, movies, and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them anywhere
- Video browsing mode with quick clip sharing
- Adjustments Bar for easy access to video and audio controls
- 16 new title styles
- 14 new trailer templates from iMovie for iOS
- Eight new movie themes from iMovie for iOS
- Use photos in trailers
- Plus button for quickly adding clips to your movie
- Trim video and audio clips directly in the timeline
- Simplified drag and drop for picture-in-picture, side-by-side, green screen, and audio-only effects
- One-click Enhance for video and audio
- Adjust shadows, highlights, and color temperature
- Match the color of two clips
- Ken Burns Effect for panorama photos
- Improved video stabilization
- Enhanced green screen and blue screen effect
- Volume-aware audio ducking
- Speed change controls in the timeline
- Add just a portion of a song from iTunes to your movie
- Email video clips and projects
- Sharing support for Youku and Tudou
- Import, analyze, and share clips in the background
- Native support for AVCHD video
- 64-bit support