One of the things that makes Soulseek® unique is our community and community-related features. Based on peer-to-peer technology, virtual rooms allow you to meet people with the same interests, share information, and chat freely using real-time messages in public or private.
Soulseek, with its built-in people matching system, is a great way to make new friends and expand your mind!
- Minimize to tray setting removed. On Windows, the close button will send the client to the tray and the minimize button to the taskbar. On OSX the minimize and close buttons function about the same.
- New tray context menu shows client version and includes a Quit option.
- Don't process one character tokens in outgoing searches.
- Treat downloads denied with 'too many files' or 'too many megabytes' as queued so that they'll be automatically requeued.
- Client configuration data can be exported and imported via Options->Extras.
- Default download folder on Windows is now in the user's documents folder to avoid potential permissions problems.
- The 'show tray icon' option has been renamed to 'minimize to tray'. The tray icon will always be shown if possible, but on Windows this will determine whether the app will remain in the taskbar when the application is minimized.
- New non-threaded file transfer code operates more in line with Qt's design architecture for sockets.
- TagLib is now integrated into the client to extract audio attributes more quickly and for a much wider variety of audio file formats. Whereas audio attribute extraction was only supported for MP3s previously, FLAC, APE, MP4, OGG, WAV and WAVPACK are now supported as well.
- Fixed a crash bug related to downloads or uploads that are removed from the list when the contxt menu is open.
- Downloads queued with a 0 file size are now automatically marked complete without starting a transfer.
- Symbolic links in shared folders are now indexed as well on Linux and Mac.
- Processing speed of queued uploads has been greatly improved.