Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks.
It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license. The program was written from scratch by Mean, but code from other people and projects has been used as well. Patches, translations and even bug reports are always welcome.
- Various improvements to MP4, FLV and MPEG-PS/TS demuxers
- Improved handling of input PTS and DTS
- Improved external audio file support
- Improved video seeking in editor
- Fixed numerous memory leaks
- Updated FFmpeg libraries (version 1.0.1)
- Restored additional x264 options
- Restored non-blocking drag-and-drop support for Qt interface
- Restored Fade to Black video filter plugin
- SSA video filter plugin is available again on MS Windows
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.