- The program is 100% free.
- One click backup and restore.
- Can restore from Windows Safe Mode.
- Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Set and control scheduling options.
- Can backup & restore all user profiles on the system, not just the ones that are currently loaded.
- Control which registry files are backed up or restored.
- Detailed logs are saved with each backup.
- Multiple easy restore options.
- Online videos showing how to use the program and how to use the different restore options.
- Fixed a bug where creating a schedule on XP would fail.
- Updated the schedule backup at login to now wait 5 min before running.
- This way if a user is using VSS to backup the registry with the program it wont slow down the boot up by hogging the hard drive creating a volume shadow copy.
- Also it allows any registry changes from startup programs to finish before the registry backup is done.
- This new task schedule setting is only for vista, 7 and newer as the XP task scheduler doesn't have a delay option.
- When clicking the create schedule button, the program will now auto replace the old task, if one was created, instead of making the user delete it first.
- Updated the default colors to the new lighter scheme. Users can of course always change the colors to what they like.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Tweaking.com Registry Backup: