- The program is 100% free.
- One click backup and restore.
- Can restore from Windows Safe Mode.
- Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Set and control scheduling options.
- Can backup & restore all user profiles on the system, not just the ones that are currently loaded.
- Control which registry files are backed up or restored.
- Detailed logs are saved with each backup.
- Multiple easy restore options.
- Online videos showing how to use the program and how to use the different restore options.
- Fixed but where backup couldn't happen when a user had Unicode chars in their date and time on the system.
- Added code to detect what drive letters are in use on the system and if the vss drive letter in the program is set to one that is in use then the program will auto change the vss drive letter to use. If vss mapped a drive letter that as already in use then Windows would freak out until rebooted and the backup would fail. This will no longer happen with this new function.
- Updated the controls in the program to use less sub classing. When the program was ran in hidden mode and the controls tried to draw themselves and the program went to close itself after a backup the program would crash. The new changes to the controls make the program more stable and will hopefully fix this problem.
- Updated graphics to the interface of the program.
- Moved the image controls used in the program into a ocx file. This has reduced the size of the main exe by 460 KB. Also making the program more stable and require less memory.
- Multiple interface code tweaks and enhancements.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Tweaking.com Registry Backup: