- The program is 100% free.
- One click backup and restore.
- Can restore from Windows Safe Mode.
- Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Set and control scheduling options.
- Can backup & restore all user profiles on the system, not just the ones that are currently loaded.
- Control which registry files are backed up or restored.
- Detailed logs are saved with each backup.
- Multiple easy restore options.
- Online videos showing how to use the program and how to use the different restore options.
- Fixed bug where a log file would be created on the root of the drive when doing a restore instead of the proper backup folder.
- Fixed bug where if the program had trouble pulling the computer name for the backup path it would fail to make the path.
- Redid the backup process when using the fall back method. Before it would only backup registry files that where loaded because the Windows API only allowed that. The program will now try to do a straight file copy of registry files that are not loaded instead of skipping them.
- Also changed it to where if the API call fails on a loaded registry file it will try a file copy after. This is helpful when a registry file was loaded at the startup of the program but unloaded before the backup started.
- Added new option to the restore section where you can have the computer auto reboot or shutdown after restoring the registry. It the options are not chosen the program will now ask you if you would like to reboot after doing a restore.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Tweaking.com Registry Backup: