- The program is 100% free.
- One click backup and restore.
- Can restore from Windows Safe Mode.
- Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Set and control scheduling options.
- Can backup & restore all user profiles on the system, not just the ones that are currently loaded.
- Control which registry files are backed up or restored.
- Detailed logs are saved with each backup.
- Multiple easy restore options.
- Online videos showing how to use the program and how to use the different restore options.
- Small changes to the interface and spelling corrections.
- Fixed bug where permissions where not applied to the restored registry files if the system hive wasn't set to be restored. Example: You choose to restore only the current profile registry and not the whole system registry, so while the registry was restored the default permissions wouldn't be applied. If you restored the system registry as well then the permissions would be applied.
- This is now fixed and the default permissions are restored after the restore of any of the registry files.
- The program now also restores the proper permissions to the .old registry files that are created when restoring the registry. The reason for this is on Windows 8 and newer under the C:\Users\Default folder, if any files do not have the perfect permissions new users are unable to login.
- So now the .old registry file has the proper permissions as well.
- Updated Codejock Controls to v17.2.0
- Updated Tweaking.com - ManageACL to v1.3.0
Software that can be used as an alternative to Tweaking.com Registry Backup: