- The program is 100% free.
- One click backup and restore.
- Can restore from Windows Safe Mode.
- Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Set and control scheduling options.
- Can backup & restore all user profiles on the system, not just the ones that are currently loaded.
- Control which registry files are backed up or restored.
- Detailed logs are saved with each backup.
- Multiple easy restore options.
- Online videos showing how to use the program and how to use the different restore options.
- Added a new option to change all the program colors (under the settings tab). The user can now control the colors of the program and even save their color layout as a preset. This is very helpful for colorblind, or hard of seeing users or just users who don't like my default colors :-)
- Changed the default colors of the program. Replaced the green text with a easier to read color. Also change the button colors to stand out more and multiple other changes.
- A large amount of interface and layout changes.
- The tree views now show the current size of each registry file.
- When using the fallback backup method the program now logs the size of the registry files that have been backed up.
- 6 variables are now supported in the backup location path.
- Program now supports 2 more command line options (Use only one at a time) -DeleteSchedule and -CreateSchedule. You can now have the program auto create the schedule to do a backup at startup and also remove it.
- The program now leaves a message window open if the backup fails or has errors when run from a schedule or a command line.
- Multiple code changes and improvements.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Tweaking.com Registry Backup: