- The program is 100% free.
- One click backup and restore.
- Can restore from Windows Safe Mode.
- Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Set and control scheduling options.
- Can backup & restore all user profiles on the system, not just the ones that are currently loaded.
- Control which registry files are backed up or restored.
- Detailed logs are saved with each backup.
- Multiple easy restore options.
- Online videos showing how to use the program and how to use the different restore options.
Fix a bug where if a user had changed the short date format on the system and it had characters that couldn't be in a folder name then the backup would fail since the folder couldn't be created. I fixed this by making a new command to replace any and all characters from the short date format and this should cover anyone who has a custom format.
- Added a new setting to allow the user to set what drive letter the program will use to access the volume shadow copy snapshot to grab the registry files. Before it always used B: as hardly anyone uses that drive letter. But some users do and so the backup by volume shadow copy wouldn't work. They can now change what drive letter to use.
- Added support for Windows 8.1.
- Small code changes and improvements.
- Fixed bug where DEP on a system would cause the program to crash. This was because of a custom Unicode label control I was using. I removed that custom control and the program no longer crashes on DEP enabled systems.
- Code changes, in the last version 1.6.5 I had moved the task scheduler code from the pcwintech_tasksch.dll to the exe instead. With the goal of having one less file. But when I did that 11 antivirus programs on virustotal.com flagged the exe as a "GEN" or generic virus. While I could have simply submitted the exe to each of them and had them fix their definitions I instead moved the code back to the dll. The exe is no longer being flagged by those programs.