RSS/Atom feed reader written on Qt.
- Feed and news filters: new, unread, starred, deleted (for news until restart application)
- User filters
- Proxy configuration: automatic or manual
- Feed import wizard: Search feed URL if site URL was entered
- Embedded browser (Webkit core)
- Mark news starred
- Automatic update feeds: on startup, by timer
- Automatic cleanup on close using criterias
- Enable/Disable images in news preview
- Ability to quickly hide feed tree (for comfortable viewing)
- Open feed or news in own tab
- Quick news filter and quick search in browser
- Sound notification on new news
- Popup notification on new news
- Show new or unread news counter on tray icon
- Minimize on system tray: on start, on close, on minimize
- Import/Export feeds (OPML-files)
- Portable (Windows)
- Free working set (Windows)
- Check for updates
- Main: Increase application performance
- Added: Audio/video player for podcasts
- Added: User filters. Sound playing (phonon)
- Added: User filters. Highlight news in notification
- Added: Option "Hide tab panel if only one tab is opened"
- Added: Address field in browser toolbar
- Added: Display news link in status bar for 3 second while switching news
- Added: More color settings
- Changed: Close notification if all news have been read
- Changed: Store cleanup wizard settings
- Changed: If images are switched off no images are displayed in news description
- Fixed: Application crash while clicking "Customize news toolbar"
- Fixed: Application crash while using "Next unread news"
- Fixed: Can't to open feed homepage
- Fixed: Switch on next unread news even if no feed is selected
- Fixed: Mark feed read (while filter is enabled)
Software that can be used as an alternative to QuiteRSS:
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.