This is a BETA version of the port of VLC media player to the Android platform. It is intended for power users and hackers. This version is not perfectly stable and is slower than the final version. It might kill your kitten, destroy your house and start the Mayan apocalypse. Use it at your own risk. Have fun!
That was the description for the first beta. This latest version 0.9.0 is pretty stable : )
Note: This version is for devices with an ARM CPU. For a x86 CPU click here to download.
- Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC.
- Audio and video media library, with full search.
- Support for network streams, including HLS.
- Supports Android from version 2.1 (platform-7).
- Supports ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv7+NEON.
- Supports secondary display.
As this is an BETA version, a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release:
- The basic User Interface will change again;
- Performance improvements are missing;
- Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
- Other unknown issues.
- This 0.1.4 version is out mostly to fix issues with Android 4.4 KitKat.
- The previous version improved decoding speed and solved a few crashes and bugs.
- If you have audio issues, a setting allows you to use a different audio method, like AudioTrack (Java).
- Another one is available for video output (YV12 is the fastest, RGB32 the safest).
- You have now settings to control quality vs speed.
- Remember, this is still a beta ;)
- Next major will not :)