This is the port of VLC media player to the Android platform. VLC for Android can play most video and audio files, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. VLC for Android is also a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
- Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC.
- Audio and video media library, with full search.
- Support for network streams, including HLS.
- Supports Android from version 2.1 (platform-7).
- Supports ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv7+NEON.
- Supports secondary display.
- Subtitles support, embedded and external, including ASS and DVD subtitles.
- Multi audio or subtitles tracks selection.
- Multi-core decoding, for Cortex-A7 A9 and A15 chips.
- Supports full hardware decoding.
- Gestures, headphones control.
- Audio equalizer
Most of you will need the ARM download. x86 is for Intel CPU tablets and phones.
- Fixed a few crashes. focus and overlay issues, and improvements for the TV.
- Removed many permissions from the application, and is the first step for Android 6.0 permissions (planned for 1.8.0).
- There is a new subtitle engine, for complex text and Unicode support..
- We've changed the notification, the lockscreen and the Bluetooth control to be more standard. We've worked to simplify the code and use more standard libraries and widgets.
- VLC now supports the background playback for video.
- Audio Delay control is also activated.
- There is a new look in the audio player, in the side bar, a new Album View, an improved search behavior, more Lollipop effects, a simplified the video player controller and a new file browser.
- On the backend, we fixed hardware acceleration for TS files, we support audio scrobblers, fixed SD cards browsing, added better logging and updated codecs.