MX Player offer features like hardware acceleration, which can be applied to more videos with the help of a new H/W decoder. You also have multi-core decoding which test results prove performance boost up to 70% better in dual-core than single-core devices.
Pinch to zoom, zoom and pan. Subtitle gestures: scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, up/down to move text up and down, zoom in/out to change text size. Kids Lock, allows you to keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps (plugin required).
Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device's performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
Pinch to Zoom, Zoom and Pan
Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
MX File Sharing
Fast transfer files without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Files.
Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
- DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
- Plays almost every movie files including .3gp .avi .divx .f4v .flv .mkv .mp4 .mpeg .mov .vob .wmv .webm .xvid and many more.
- Hardware decoding (with h/w+ decoder)
- Better hi10p support.
- Processor optimization
- High speed rendering for ARM NEON compliant processors.
- Provides processor specific Codecs including Tegra 2 processor.
- Audio track can be changed dynamically.
- Quickly change decoding mode - Click S/W or H/W button on the screen while playing to change decoding mode seamlessly.
- Network stream playback.
- Move forward/backward (Optional)
- Aspect ratio selection.
- Deinterlacing (S/W decoder only)
- Previews while seeking.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Space: Resume / Pause
- DPAD Left / Right: Seek backward / forward
- Menu shortcuts
- Toggle between elapsed time and remaining time - touch elapsed time text on the video control panel.
- Background play - Long press play button.
- Selectively disable HTTP/HTTPS video link handling - To prevent unwanted video play when a video link is clicked on a web browser.
- Easy User Interface
- Folder List - Lists only folders that contain movie files, instead of all folders.
- Tags - Draws subtitle tag if a movie contains subtitle track or has associated subtitle file. and 'new' tag for recently copied file.
- Display the last watched movie and finished movies in different color.
- Maintains resume position for every movies.
- Display cover arts.
- File Management
- High speed SD Card scan - it can scan entire SD card in a few second.
- File and folder editing.
- Movie search
- Multiple themes
- Supported Subtitle Formats
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle Tracks. (However, subtitle scrolling will be limited.)
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
- Multi-subtitle support
- Can read and display multiple subtitle files simultaneously.
- Subtitle Gesture
- Scroll forward/backward - Move between subtitle texts and change video playback position quickly.
- Up/down - Move subtitle texts up and down to move text up and down.
- Zoom in/out - Change text size & scale. (Scale is only for ssa and image subtitles)
- mx videoplayer subtitle scrolling
- Clear Text
- Increased subtitle readability with ticker border and shadow.
- Typical video player
- subtitle compare other
- MX Player
- Supports text styling and coloring script.
- Supports user fonts of TTF and OTF format.
- Sync adjustment.
- Fade out effect - Makes texts to disappear smoothly.
- Optional Italic styling for lines starting with "/" (slash).
- (Android 4.0 and later) H/W Acceleration - Improve drawing speed of text subtitles (except SSA)
- Pinch to zoom and/or pan(optional).
- Drag Horizontally - Change playback position.
- Drag Vertically on right half of the screen - Sound volume control.
- Drag Vertically on left half of the screen - Brightness control. (On some devices, system's auto brightness control should be turned off to use this function.)
- Double tap - Play/Pause toggle. (optional)
- Screen Settings
- Adjust screen and subtitle display settings without leaving the video playback screen.
- Optionally display current time and battery status.
- Video zoom - Long press zoom button.
- Lock target selection - Long press lock button.
- Shuffle / Loops - Long press next button.
- Kids Lock
- Makes unlocking difficult to prevent kids from making calls or starting other apps.
- Colorful and animating shapes appears responding to screen touch. (optional)
- Touch 4 corners clockwise to unlock screen.
- Can be selected in Settings > Player > Touch controls > Lock mode > Kids lock (+touch effects)
- Supports Samsung Multiwindow.
- Volume boost (200%)
Today’s update includes SMB protocol support. Now easily access network files as if they were on your phone.
- Seeking now works with WebM files
- Teletext subtitles now render properly
- MEDIA STOP key no longer resets playback position
- Background Play(Audio) can now be disabled
- Floating action button no longer obstructs other file options
For India users:
- Games load much faster now, which means less waiting time
- Share your favourite Shows/Movies as Facebook Stories
In addition to some major performance improvements, this release also brings a set of upgrades to MX Share, like Share History, Invite your Friends and a few more. Go on, give it a spin.
- Offline sharing now Available in Edit mode
- Use System Brigthness controls while using PIP
- FAB & Playback Indicators (folder level) work erll with Background Play
- Filename (MX Share) & Notch Screen (lock Mode) issues fixed
- Now enjoy Picture-in-Picture Mode for your favorite Online Videos too. Continue watching while browsing and even when you're outside the app.
- Now experience a fully immersive experience with our upgrade on Short Videos (Buzz).
- Search now shows related keywords too.
- We are excited to introduce MX Games - take part in tournaments and track achievements
- Add Songs to Queue in Music section and Share with friends
- Also introducing News powered by NewsPoint
- Stay updated with breaking news powered by from 1000+ most-read newspapers
Software similar to MX Player for Android 2
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
Plex organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections, no matter where you keep them, and lets you enjoy them on all of your screens.