In addition to sending free texts, you can also:
Message friends and contacts
- Get started fast — log in with your Facebook account, or just use your phone number
- Send voice messages, photos, smileys and other emoji
- Get push Enter your phone number herenotifications
Make plans on the go with social messaging features
- Message a friend or start a group conversation
- Include your location to let friends know you're nearby
Chat and receive SMS messages
- Swipe left to see who's available to chat
- See your SMS and Facebook messages together in the app — currently only available on some phones
Messenger does all this using your existing data plan.
- Added Direct Download link which contains the .apk file for Facebook Messenger.
- Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place
- Forwarding: Want to send a message or photo to someone who isn't in the conversation? Just tap to forward it on
- Conversation Shortcuts: Create a shortcut so that you can get to any conversation right from your home screen
- Free Calls: Talk as long as you want and stay in touch wherever you are. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply).
Software that can be used as an alternative to Facebook Messenger for Android: