Simpler, More Intuitive Interface
We've re-designed the Postbox interface to make it simpler and more intuitive. Additionally, we created a crisp, clean, and fresh new theme for the Mac that contains two new icon sets – one in color and the other in Mac OS Lion-ready monochrome pictograms.
Streamlined Message View
The Preview Pane is designed to make messages and conversations load ultra-fast, with minimal movement and jitter as you page from message to message. The result is a silky-smooth reading experience that's easy on the eyes.
Vertical Thread Pane View
Postbox supports a double-row Vertical Thread Pane View, which makes more efficient use of widescreen displays. To see it in action, select "Layout" then "Vertical View" from the View menu.
Unified Folders and Account Groups
Postbox lets you combine messages from multiple accounts into one Inbox. Accounts can also be organized into Account Groups, so you can keep your work and personal messages separate. Add as many accounts to a group as desired. Then, select a group to get a unified view for messages within the group.
The Focus Pane lets you break your Inbox (and workload) into smaller, more manageable chunks. Easily organize the Focus Pane by your highest work priorities — such as projects, clients or events — then focus on these messages without losing track of what's happening elsewhere.
With Quick Move, you can file messages without using your mouse. Just type the letter "v", enter the first few letters from the target folder, and the message will file to your auto-completed selection. The Quick Move panel defaults to the last used folder for even faster filing.
Quick Reply lets you reply to a message without the need to open a separate compose window, which is perfect for short, snappy responses such as "I'll see you at eight," or simply "thanks!" And it all happens inline within a message or conversation, so that you can get right back to what you were doing.
Postbox’s Conversation View simplifies message viewing, and now, “Summarize Mode” extends these benefits to message Replies and Forwards. Summarize provides a clean and beautifully formatted who-said-what-when email that lets message recipients jump into discussions with more clarity, context and insight.
Awesome Compose Experience
The Postbox Compose Window has been completely redesigned. It features a new addressing widget, a simplified formatting toolbar, drop-zone for attachments, and new styling.
- Reduce power usage (and increase laptop battery life) by only using the integrated GPU on Mac OS X
- Added a “Run Filters on Folder” toolbar button
- Notification Center alerts now link directly to messages
- Postbox will now display the account name next to folder name in the message pane
- Added automatic account configuration support for iCloud email accounts
- Fixed a crash on import from Thunderbird
- Fixed a crash on indexing
- Fixed an issue where attachment thumbnails would not display on Mac OS X (Retina only)
- Fixed an issue with Growl integration on Mac OS X
- Fixed an issue where searches on non-recognized Topics would return results
- Fixed issues with “Topic is” / “Topic isn’t” criteria for smart folders
- Fixed an issue with automatic account configuration when you entered an incorrect password
- Fixed an issue that would prevent spelling dictionaries from installing
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.