VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine.
Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world's best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
You'll need .NET 4 (only the client profile is needed). If you don't have it, VidCoder will prompt you to download and install it. If you're on Windows 8 you shouldn't need to install anything; it has .NET 4 pre-installed.
You do not need to install HandBrake for VidCoder to work.
- Added German translation, thanks to felix.bau42, MOSMarauder and Oetzy.
- Added Chinese Traditional translation, thanks to sec2 and ken670128.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: