HandBrake was originally available on the BeOS, but now has been ported over to MacOS X and to GNU/Linux.
- Can encode directly from DVDs (even encrypted ones) or from VIDEO_TS folders
- Supports AC3, LPCM and MPEG audio tracks
- Outputs MP4, AVI or OGM files
- Outputs AAC, MP3 or Vorbis audio
- Supports 2*pass encoding
- Supports encoding of two audio tracks
- Includes a bitrate calculator
- Supports picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Improved user interface
- Redesigned main window for consistency and usability; overall flow is top to bottom, left to right
- Added new preset controls directly in main workflow
- Added new summary tab for overview of settings at a glance
- Updated interface icons to support high resolution displays
- New and improved official presets
- Added new presets for Vimeo and YouTube
- Added new 2160p/4K device presets for Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku
- Added new Production presets for post-production video editing workflows
- Added additional 2160p/4K Matroska presets
- Improved AppleTV 4K support
- Improved Intel QuickSync Video support
- Added Linux support (experimental)
- Added 10-bit H.265/HEVC encoding support for Kaby Lake and newer CPUs
- Added support for multiple GPUs via D3D11 encode path
- Many bug fixes and improvements [full release notes]
Apps similar to Handbrake 9
The video editor is intended for editing video files and creating videos of any complexity involving various visual and audio effects. The program offers rich functionality and yet has a simple and intuitive interface, allowing you to create videos with a bare minimum of efforts.
Take videos from your computer or downloaded from the Internet and converts them into just about any format.
CloneDVD is a DVD movie copy software which makes archive and backup DVD movie.
- Free to Try