HandBrake was originally available on the BeOS, but now has been ported over to MacOS X and to GNU/Linux.
- Can encode directly from DVDs (even encrypted ones) or from VIDEO_TS folders
- Supports AC3, LPCM and MPEG audio tracks
- Outputs MP4, AVI or OGM files
- Outputs AAC, MP3 or Vorbis audio
- Supports 2*pass encoding
- Supports encoding of two audio tracks
- Includes a bitrate calculator
- Supports picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Improved user interface
- Redesigned main window for consistency and usability; overall flow is top to bottom, left to right
- Added new preset controls directly in main workflow
- Added new summary tab for overview of settings at a glance
- Updated interface icons to support high resolution displays
- New and improved official presets
- Added new presets for Vimeo and YouTube
- Added new 2160p/4K device presets for Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku
- Added new Production presets for post-production video editing workflows
- Added additional 2160p/4K Matroska presets
- Improved AppleTV 4K support
- Improved Intel QuickSync Video support
- Added Linux support (experimental)
- Added 10-bit H.265/HEVC encoding support for Kaby Lake and newer CPUs
- Added support for multiple GPUs via D3D11 encode path
- Many bug fixes and improvements [full release notes]
Apps similar to Handbrake 9
Take videos from your computer or downloaded from the Internet and converts them into just about any format.
The video editor is intended for editing video files and creating videos of any complexity involving various visual and audio effects. The program offers rich functionality and yet has a simple and intuitive interface, allowing you to create videos with a bare minimum of efforts.
CloneDVD is a DVD movie copy software which makes archive and backup DVD movie.