It is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.
So you can see graphically how much is played and how much is still to play
Allows you to remotely control Light Alloy, for example if you are laying on the sofa
Just like on YouTube you can navigate with a preview window while searching on the timeline
Allows you to watch tv over the internet and online videos like youtube/vimeo
Contains an expandable list of online radio stations which you can play and record, and a list to store your favorites
In case of multiple audio/subtitles streams you can easily switch from stream
Contains Dutch, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and others
You don't have to install a codec pack anymore: you can use the player immediately after installation
Blu-Ray & DVD
You also can watch Blu-Ray and DVD with Light Alloy
- Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs)
- Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely.
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, shift
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Added proper support for restoring modal windows (examples: radio stations list, media-oriented open dialog) from minimized state to visible state and bring them to front, when using player with "only in tray" mode (but I suppose it will be valid even for "in taskbar too" case)
- Preferences->Mouse: added ability to show / hide control panel for Left Button Double Click action.
- Some cleanups and optimizations.
- Rename "Rotate video by Z" to "Rotate video vertically"
- Set default hotkey for "Rotate video by vertically" to Z.
- Media-oriented open dialog: Slightly changed behaviour of "Add Selected" button - now it start play a selected file if Close After Add is checked & no any file is playing at the moment, in any other cases - it just add file to playlist without begin playing it.
- Media-oriented open dialog: 'Add files, but dont replace the ones that are already in playlist' option is removed.
- Removed check that prohibited to run Light Alloy on XP/Vista. You can use it, but XP/Vista obviously not supported anymore, so any crashes on these OSes are not gonna be fixed.
- Radio stations list: entirely rewritten approach to decode html entities. Now it shouldn't crash player anymore on some lonely symbols (like "&"), also now it can handle much more symbols that can be seen in some song titles (like a quote symbol, or (c) or (r), and much more).
- Optimized OSD when in over-video mode.
- Preferences->Events, Video: simplified monitors listing.
- Playlist: the ">L" marker (last played file) was ignored for LAP playlists that you try to load into player, if there is already loaded some playlist (default LA.lap, for example).
- History: fixed few UTF8-related issues.
- Delete file from playlist: was not working for multiple selected files in playlist.
- Preferences->Mouse->Wheel: Subtitle delay option was broken.
- Preferences->Keyboard: next chapter command was hidden in Navigation section.
- Fixed problem when suddenly video picture has been rotated on 90 degrees on player reload.
- Fixed issue when player cross monitor workarea dimensions on video file open and on scale change (from 50% to 100%, for example)
- Audio mode: when entering fullscreen, playlist width wasn't audio-like.
- Media-oriented open dialog: "Add selected" was broken when multiple files were selected.
- Media-oriented open dialog: "Play file on doubleclick, otherwise just add to playlist" - latter action was broken.
- Media-oriented open dialog: "Current folder with subfolders" wasn't working as expected
- Fixed other less noticeable issues.
Apps similar to Light Alloy 4
Small, fast and handy player with powerful tools to handle your files and listen to your tracks.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Media Player Classic looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional features.