It is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.
So you can see graphically how much is played and how much is still to play
Allows you to remotely control Light Alloy, for example if you are laying on the sofa
Just like on YouTube you can navigate with a preview window while searching on the timeline
Allows you to watch tv over the internet and online videos like youtube/vimeo
Contains an expandable list of online radio stations which you can play and record, and a list to store your favorites
In case of multiple audio/subtitles streams you can easily switch from stream
Contains Dutch, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and others
You don't have to install a codec pack anymore: you can use the player immediately after installation
Blu-Ray & DVD
You also can watch Blu-Ray and DVD with Light Alloy
- Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs)
- Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely.
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, shift
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Slovak translation (by MaxStrix)
- Repeat file was not working properly.
- Repeat playlist was broken.
- Extended open dialog: direction arrows were reversed.
- Preferences->Interface->Tray: only in tray was broken.
- Fixed other minor issues.
- TrueHD + Dolby Atmos support.
- ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus in WAV-files support.
- AMR-WB support.
- Support for very short WavPack-files.
- MPEG: supported for MPEG-TS without PES, also enhancement support for some files encoded not by standard.
- MPEG: support for calculating duration/bitrate by using PCR (program clock reference) data.
- FLV: support for H.264 in AnnexB-format.
- MKV: fixed sound on TrueHD/MLP streams.
- MKV: some files were cannot be played due to memory consumption settings.
- MPEG: fixed long opening of some files.
- WASAPI: sound disappear when you back to normal playback speed.
- WASAPI: fixed data handling on playback end.
- Subtitles: fixed crash in case of styles errors, if such subtitles built-in to container.
- Other minor issues were also fixed.