It is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources.
So you can see graphically how much is played and how much is still to play
Allows you to remotely control Light Alloy, for example if you are laying on the sofa
Just like on YouTube you can navigate with a preview window while searching on the timeline
Allows you to watch tv over the internet and online videos like youtube/vimeo
Contains an expandable list of online radio stations which you can play and record, and a list to store your favorites
In case of multiple audio/subtitles streams you can easily switch from stream
Contains Dutch, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and others
You don't have to install a codec pack anymore: you can use the player immediately after installation
Blu-Ray & DVD
You also can watch Blu-Ray and DVD with Light Alloy
- Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs)
- Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely.
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, shift
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Added hint with currently playing file when mouseover on player caption.
- Updated Italian language.
- Updated OpenSSL Shared Libraries v1.0.1L
- Removed support for creating screenshots in WebP format.
- IRSL: optimization of opening if IceCast is already loaded.
- Fixed crash when loading malformed ASX playlists.
- Fixed unicode issue with hint on volume slider.
- Subtitles options: parameter border width was ignored.
- Preferences->Keyboard: fixed possible crash when selecting a command.
- IRSL: fixed crash when IceCast too big and contains more than ~22000 entries.
- IRSL: fixed issue when bitrate in IceCast sometimes contains wrong data.
- IRSL: fixed unicode issue with Genre field.
- AVI: extended support for Matrox MPEG2 codecs.
- MKV: enhanced compatibility with some external video decoders.
- MPEG: optimizations in data parsing.
- Dirac: optimizations in data parsing.
- Субтитры: some optimizations in data parsing.
- Updated Nvidia and Intel videocards list with hardware 4K-decoding support.
- Updated codecs.
- Video Decoder: fixed playback of some files with incorrect FPS.
- Video Decoder: fixed 4:2:0 8bit -> YV12 video output (colors distortion were seen).
- Video Decoder: fixed playback of some MPEG2/H.264 in DXVA mode.
- Video Decoder: some HEVC-videos (mostly studio demos of 4K) skip frames during playback.
- MP4: some files were unable to play.
- MPEG: fixed player hang trying to open files which were very small size.
- MKV: incorrect FPS calculation for H.264 interlaced.
- MKV: some files were unable to play.
- FLV: fixed player hang on some corrupted files.
- Real Media: some fixes in progressive/interlaced video support.
- Subtitles: some PGS-subtitles were displayed with "incorrect" black border.
- Fixed player crash due to installed AcerSubtitle filter in user system.
- And other minor fixes and enhancements.
Apps similar to Light Alloy 4
Small, fast and handy player with powerful tools to handle your files and listen to your tracks.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Media Player Classic looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional features.