Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Rainmeter is the best known and most popular desktop customization program for Windows. Enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins; handy, compact applets that float freely on your desktop. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts.
Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking.
There are thousands and thousands of skins available, crafted by a large and ever-growing community of Rainmeter users.
Rainmeter is not just an application, it is a robust toolkit. Create and modify your own skins in a simple language that's easy to learn, with the help of our extensive documentation, getting started guide and skin tutorials. Skins call upon measures, a set of powerful built-in modules that do all the heavy lifting, and create interactive meters to display that information however you decide. In this way, Rainmeter brings productive innovation together with creative artistry like no other platform of its kind.
Rainmeter is a community. People in our forums are always happy to help you get started or answer questions. Over the last few years, a thriving community has built up around Rainmeter, as average users freely contribute their own original skins, their generous knowledge and support, and their inspirational ideas to a project whose scope and capabilities are constantly expanding.
Rainmeter is designed for YOUR system. Rainmeter uses very little CPU and RAM resources, has a tiny space footprint, and will run perfectly well on any hardware using Windows XP through Windows 8. Rainmeter is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU GPL v2 license.
- New IfConditions functionality added. This is a powerful extension to the concepts provided in IfActions, allowing multiple tests and actions, both "true" and "false" testing, and the ability to use logical AND and OR operators in the conditions. See Change Announcements for details and example skins.
- New IfMatchAction functionality added. Supports taking actions based on a regular expression comparison with a measure's string value. See Change Announcements for details and examples.
- New String measure type added. Used to create and manipulate string values. See Change Announcements for details and examples.
- Other enhancements in Rainmeter 3.1
- Added new LANCONNECTIVITY and INTERNETCONNECTIVITY SysInfoType options to the SysInfo plugin. Measure will return "1" on success and "-1" on failure.
- Added new IDLE_TIME SysInfoType option to the SysInfo plugin. This will return the number of seconds since the last user input (mouse or keyboard) to the operating system.
- Added new !SkinCustomMenu bang to display only user-defined context menu items instead of the normal skin context menu.
- Added new :EscapeRegExp measure section variable parameter. This will return the string value of the measure with all regular expression reserved characters escaped.
- Added new :EncodeURL measure section variable parameter. This will return the string value of the measure as a URL-encoded string.
- Added support for opening the Windows properties or context menu dialogs for file or folder objects using the FileView plugin. Details at Change Announcements.