- Grab current screen, all monitors (in case of multi-monitors configuration), current window or a part of the desktop.
- Save the screenshot in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, BMP, ...).
- Automatically save the screenshot to clipboard, disk or launch the editor tool.
- Automatically scale the screenshot to a given size.
- Use “system” shortcuts to take a screenshot.
- Add automatically some “post-effects” to the screenshot (drop shadow, rotation, border, …).
- Add annotation items (text, arrows, rectable, ...) to the snapshot.
- Can be minimized to system tray and work in background.
- Can be launch at system start-up (Windows).
- Export edited image in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, BMP ...).
- Save/Restore edited image in proprietary format.
- Send image directly to printer or to web service.
- Restore last selection in region and freehand grabbing
- Add options to display or not dialog before/after download
- Correct invalid window position in region and freehand capture on linux
- Editor: correct an incorrect save/restore for rectangle/ellipse item
- Editor: change in palette wasn't correctly restored
- Editor: invalid restore of maximized window state
Software that can be used as an alternative to HotShots: