Hotshots is a screenshot tool with some editing features. It is particularly suitable for writing documentation but you can use it to highlight some details on a map image or what ever you want.
- Grab current screen, all monitors (in case of multi-monitors configuration), current window or a part of the desktop.
- Save the screenshot in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, BMP, ...).
- Automatically save the screenshot to clipboard, disk or launch the editor tool.
- Automatically scale the screenshot to a given size.
- Use “system” shortcuts to take a screenshot.
- Add automatically some “post-effects” to the screenshot (drop shadow, rotation, border, …).
- Add annotation items (text, arrows, rectable, ...) to the snapshot.
- Can be minimized to system tray and work in background.
- Can be launch at system start-up (Windows).
- Export edited image in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, BMP ...).
- Save/Restore edited image in proprietary format.
- Send image directly to printer or to web service.
- Enhanced shortcut editor
- Add portable settings support (--portable option)
- Add valid debian package files
- Correct invalid freehand and region grabbing on linux (multi monitor)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: