OpenShot has many great features, such as trimming and arranging videos, adjusting audio levels, transitions between videos, compositing multiple layers of video, chroma-key / green screen effect, and support of most formats and codecs.
What really sets OpenShot apart from other video editors is the easy-to-use user interface. We have worked very hard to create a video editor that everyone can enjoy.
- Support for many video, audio, and image formats (based on FFmpeg )
- Gnome integration (drag and drop support)
- Unlimited tracks / layers
- Clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, and cutting
- Video transitions with real-time previews
- Compositing, image overlays, watermarks
- Title templates, title creation, sub-titles
- 3D Animated Titles
- SVG friendly, to create and include vector titles and credits
- Scrolling motion picture credits
- Solid color clips (including alpha compositing )
- Support for Rotoscoping / Image sequences
- Advanced Timeline (including Drag & drop, scrolling, panning, zooming, and snapping)
- Frame stepping (key-mappings: J, K, and L keys)
- Video encoding (based on FFmpeg )
- Key Frame animation
- Digital zooming of video clips
- Speed changes on clips (slow motion etc)
- Custom transition lumas and masks
- Audio mixing and editing
- Presets for key frame animations and layout
- Ken Burns effect (artistic panning over an image)
- Digital video effects , including brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, chroma key (bluescreen / greenscreen) , and over 20 other video effects
- OpenShot provides extensive editing and compositing features, and has been designed as a practical tool for working with high-definition video including HDV and AVCHD .
Apps similar to Openshot 3
All of the products in the Vegas software family make it easy to import and edit movies, images, and music so you can jump right in and start creating your next video or audio masterpiece.
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 sets new standards for digital filmmaking, offering a format-independent plug-and edit solution that provides the tightest integration with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
Lightworks is our full-featured editor with all the power, performance and features you would expect, with support for all major professional broadcast formats from SD, HD, 2K and Red 4K files.