Start a project
You’ll find all the projects you’re working on listed in the sidebar. If you’re starting a new project, use the repository drop down menu to create a new repository or clone an existing one directly from GitHub.com.
Branches are essential to proposing changes and reviewing code on GitHub—and they’re always available in the top left corner of the repository view. Just select the current branch to switch branches or create a new one.
Craft the perfect commit
View a diff of your uncommitted changes, and form the perfect commit by selecting the files—or even the specific lines—that make up a change. Enter the summary and description, then commit.
See your history
Visualize your changes and commits in the comparison graph. You can select commits on the graph to navigate through the history of your local branches.
Create a pull request
Once you’re happy with your commits, you can open a pull request for review and discussion without leaving GitHub Desktop or touching the command line.
Merge and deploy
Browse commits on local and remote branches to quickly and clearly see what changes still need to be merged. You can also merge your code to the master branch for deployment right from the app.
- New - Reorder commits with drag and drop in your commit history - #2507
- New - Create a branch from any commit in your history - #3474
- New - Amend the most recent commit on your branch - #1644
- New - Squash commits in the history tab with drag and drop and a context menu - #2507
- New - Squash and merge option available when merging branches - #2507
- Added - Add support for Sublime Text 4 on Windows - #12124
- Improved - Show warning before undoing commit if it potentially conflicts with changes in working directory - #4596 #9286 #5874 #6043
- Fixed - Remove extra space in drag & drop tooltips - #12327
Software similar to GitHub Desktop 5
A free Git and Mercurial client for Windows or Mac.
SmartGit is a graphical Git client with support for GitHub, Bitbucket and GitLab. SmartGit runs on Windows, macOS and Linux.
The legendary Git GUI client for Windows, Mac and Linux.
More similar downloads