This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA GeForce notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU and is not listed in the exclusion list (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, or Dell XPS M1530 it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
* Beta driver for GeForce 8M and 9M series notebook GPUs. Refer to the Products Supported tab for the list of supported GPUs and notebooks. Some notebooks are not supported by this release.
* Supports NVIDIA CUDA technology.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX hardware acceleration on GeForce 8M and 9M GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.09.04).
* Experience CUDA and NVIDIA PhysX in several free applications and demos by downloading the GeForce Plus Pack.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology* on DirectX 9, DirectX10, and OpenGL
* Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs in the GeForce Plus Pack and join the NVIDIA team: #131015
* Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, and known compatibility issues.
*Hybrid SLI notebooks are not supported in this release. They will be supported in an upcoming release (refer to the Products Supported tab for more information).
The following notebooks are not supported in this release:
1. Hybrid SLI notebooks (these notebooks will be supported in an upcoming release):
Acer Aspire 7530
BenQ Joybook S42
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 3650
2. Dell Vostro notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
3. Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
4. Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)