This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® series audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy including Platinum and Platinum eX series
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 including Platinum, Platinum eX, and Value series
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS including Platinum and Platinum Pro series
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy 4
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA
To find out the Product ID of your audio device and if it supports the following features in Windows XP, click here.
For systems using Windows Vista
* Dolby® Digital and DTS® decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers.
* DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player software. Click here to download.
* Resolves issues of intermittent and random application/system crash when playing games or running applications that use EAX®, DirectSound®, OpenAL and/or ASIO features.
* Resolves issue of system crash when running DTM - Device Path Exerciser test in Windows Vista 64-bit.
* Resolves issue of volume mapping leading to very soft volume level in systems using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1.
* Resolves issue with distortion and noise occuring in systems with 4 GB of RAM or greater.
* Resolves issue with OpenAL playback of multichannel formats.
* Resolves issue of system crash when performing immediate system shutdown after exiting Battlefield 2.
* Optimizations to OpenAL to improve performance in Unreal Tournament 3, DiRT, and other games.
* Applications from the original Sound Blaster Audigy CD will not work with this download on Windows Vista.
* Users are advised to use Audio Console included in this download to change speaker configurations.
* Gameport is not supported in Windows Vista and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
* 6.1 speaker mode is not supported by Windows Vista.
* Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP MCE 2004
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy audio devices listed above.
* DO NOT install this driver for Sound Blaster Audigy LS, Sound Blaster Audigy SE, or Sound Blaster Audigy Value.
* To install this driver
1. Download the file onto your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: