Home › Drivers › Networking
NetGear WNR1000 Wireless- N Router Firmware 126.96.36.199
Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with “wired” or Ethernet connection only.
1. Traffic meter for PPTP and PPPoE connection type
2. Supports parental control (requires PC based utility.)
3. Supports multi-language within the same router GUI
Note: A language selection drop down list is added to the top-right corner of the router GUI.
Switching from non-English language requires valid Internet connection to download that language file.
Exception: If non-English language is previously downloaded, user can switch to that language even after factory default reset
The "Firmware Upgrade" check will check both the latest firmware and latest language file.
1. Fixed NAT hairpinning issue
2. Fixed “eMule running on LAN PC gets low ID”
3. Fixed “static route can not work if the destination IP/subnet are on the LAN side.”
4. Fixed “Blackberry 8820 can not connect to WNR2000 if the wireless security is WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK mixed mode”
1. Download the file pressing the download now button.
2. Open a Web browser.
3. Access the router administration page (http://192.168.1.1 or the Default Gateway address if the router's default IP was changed).
Log in the router (User Name = admin and Password = password, unless you changed it).
4. Under Maintenance, click Router Upgrade.
5. Click Browse and locate the firmware upgrade file that you just downloaded.
6. Click Upload.
Warning: When updating firmware to the Wireless Router, do not interrupt the Web browser by closing the window, clicking a link, or loading a new page. If the browser is interrupted, it could corrupt the firmware.
7. When the upload is complete, your router automatically restarts. The upgrade process typically takes about 1 minute.
First FTP for North America users only, second one World-wide version - for users outside North America only.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.