As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
1. Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
2. It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
3. If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
* ION notebook GPUs.
* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, and 300M-series notebook GPUs.
* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in Version 197.16:
* Adds notebook support for 3D Vision on external displays. GPU and display requirements for notebook PCs can be found here (http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Requirements.html). 3D Vision drivers for notebooks can be found here (http://www.nvidia.com/object/verde_3D_vision_winvista_win7_CD_1.24.html).
* Adds or improves SLI support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II , Avatar, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Dirt 2, Mass Effect 2, Metro 2033, Napoleon: Total War, Supreme Commander 2, World of Warcraft and more.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129 for new PhysX titles like Dark Void.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 220.127.116.11 (for supported GPUs).
* Increases performance in several PC games from v195.62 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here (http://www.nvidia.com/object/adobe_flashplayer_plus_nvidia.html).
* Supports for DirectCompute with Windows 7.
* Supports OpenGL 3.2.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language).
* Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX hardware acceleration on GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory and 32 processing cores.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL.
* Supports NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Learn more here (http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_multi_monitor.html).
GeForce 300M series:
GTS 360M, GTS 350M, GTS 250M, GT 335M, GT 330M, GT 325M, 310M, 305M
GeForce 200M series:
GT 230M, GT 240M, G210M, GTX 285M, GTX 280M, GTX 260M, GT 220M
GeForce 100M series:
G 110M, GT 130M, GTS 160M, G 105M, G 103M, G 102M, GT 120M
GeForce 9 series:
9600 GT, 9400
GeForce 9M series:
9400M G, 9650M GS, 9200M GS, 9500M GS, 9400M GS, 9800M GS, 9300M GS, 9800M GT, 9100M G, 9800M GTS, 9500M G, 9700M GT, 9600M GS, 9650M GT, 9400M, 9300M G, 9800M GTX, 9600M GT, 9700M GTS
GeForce 8M series:
8800M GTS, 8600M GT, 8400M GT, 8200M G, 8800M GTX, 8800M GS, 8600M GS, 8400M G, 8700M GT, 8400M GS
Quadro FX Notebook series:
FX 3800M, FX 3700M, FX 360M, FX 1600M, FX 380M, FX 370M, FX 3600M, FX 2800M, FX 2700M, FX 880M, FX 770M, FX 570M, FX 1800M, FX 1700M
Quadro NVS Notebook series:
NVS 5100M, NVS 3100M, NVS 150M, NVS 160M, NVS 140M, NVS 320M, NVS 130M, NVS 135M
ION LE, ION
The following notebooks are not supported in this release:
1. Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power.
2. Fujitsu notebooks – support will be added in a later release. Fujitsu Siemens (FSC) notebooks are supported in this release
3. Sony VAIO notebooks – support will be added in a later release. Sony VAIO Windows 7 users can click here for driver update support.
4. Any notebook that is launched after the release date of this driver.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.