- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP operating system
- Computer with either a Broadcom-enabled embedded or USB plug-in Bluetooth wireless adapter
Before you begin
Download updated Bluetooth® for Windows® software.
- If your computer has an embedded Bluetooth wireless adapter, verify that Bluetooth is turned on. If you have a plug-in USB Bluetooth wireless adapter, verify that it is plugged into your computer, before you start the download.
- Start the download. When you are prompted to either run or save the file, click Save. When the file has been downloaded, double-click on it to run the setup program. The InstallShield® wizard begins installing the WIDCOMM Bluetooth software.
- Follow the installer on-screen instructions.
- After the Bluetooth software is installed, in Initial Bluetooth Configuration Wizard, click Next, and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Bluetooth environment.
Note: If you are updating existing Bluetooth for Windows software, it is not necessary to reconfigure your Bluetooth environment.