Are you a keyboard person? Then you’re in luck. Quick Commands allow you to quickly search through various settings, history, open tabs, bookmarks and more with a single keyboard shortcut. We aim to make the Quick Command menu highly customisable, allowing you to make your own commands and run them quickly.
Note: Alternatively you can download the latest version of Vivaldi here.
Take notes while browsing and add screenshots right in the handy Notes panel. The notes will automatically remember which site you were browsing at the time and allow you to add tags, to easily organize and find them later.
All of your favourite sites easily accessible from one place. You can also create multiple Speed dial groups. Organize your sites based on interests such as Sports, News and Tech, or different context such as Work, School etc. It’s also possible to add a folder as a Speed dial entry. It’s a pretty powerful feature.
Too many unorganized tabs can become a bit messy, making it hard to find the tab you are looking for quickly. Organize your tabs using Tab stacks! It lets you group multiple tabs under a single tab. Just drag a tab over to another for easy grouping.
Built on Web Technology
Tab Stacks: Feel like you have too many tabs open? Vivaldi solves that with tab stacks. Drop tabs on top of each other to create a stack. It’s the fastest way to reduce clutter and keep organized. And when you’re ready to switch between tabs, Vivaldi has a number of customizations for that too.
Tab Stack Tiling: Have a big screen? Tile that tab stack and see multiple pages at the same time! With multiple tab stacks, it is like having multiple desktops!
Sessions: Take browser management to the next level. Save your favorite set of tabs as a session for later retrieval.
Notes: The perfect tool for researchers. Mark that quote and save it as a note. Vivaldi can remember which site you were browsing at the time, and allow you to take screenshots as well.
Quick commands: Access open tabs, bookmarks, history, settings and more through a command interface.
Mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts: If you really want to operate the browser at lightning speed. Mouse gestures turn a flick of the wrist into almost any action in the browser. Keyboard shortcuts do the same with simple key combinations.
Speed Dial: Your favorite sites and bookmarks easily accessible from any blank tab. Include Groups and Folders for even more Speed Dials!
Better bookmarks: Access your bookmarks from the bookmarks panel, bookmarks manager, bookmark bar and of course Speed Dial.
Web Panels: View websites in your Vivaldi sidebar. The perfect way to browse tweets, Facebook posts, or chat alongside your primary browsing window. We like to say it’s the next best thing to a “Boss button” for the web.
Personalized: Vivaldi adapts to you, not the other way around. We made Vivaldi the most customizable browser, all based on feedback from millions of users. In fact, there are more than 1 million different ways to make Vivaldi your perfect browser.
And of course there’s more:
Plenty more features to discover to ensure you stay productive and effective on the web. Plus, Vivaldi supports Chrome add-ons, although hopefully you won’t need too many with so many features available out of the box.
- Add an option to select opening behavior on clone tab and stacked tab: Cloned, popup or Ctrl/Shift clicked tabs open in stack by defaultVB-11537
- Close other tabs when holding Alt and clicking tab close button or via context menu and quick commandsVB-15157
- Add more tab activation options on closing a tab: e.g. the possibility to activate the tab to the left or rightVB-12674
- Add the possibility to hibernate/Close Tab Selection: selection can be made by Ctrl or Shift clicking tabsVB-15037
- Add setting to disable the URL Dropdown
- Open selected (Ctrl or Shift) bookmark(s) with Enter keyVB-14381
- Add possibility to hibernate tab stackVB-13209
- Add possibility to import Speed dials from Opera 12VB-15036
- [Windows] Vivaldi steals focusVB-1470
- [Linux][Mac] Add missing setting to switch the Vivaldi UI language as on WindowsVB-15885
- Faster Tab Stack Creation
- Allow the ability to Ctrl+Tab back to a "minimized" tab: also fixes dragging
- Dark scrollbars in panels and bookmarks when Dark UI is setVB-15901
- Close Other Tab Doesn't deal with stacksVB-15916
- Group similar tabs to stack can group very different sitesVB-10110
- Move to New Window option should not be in tabs in Private windowsVB-15179
- Arrow symbol in bookmarks bar does not work properlyVB-4479
- Bookmarks bar list under chevron icon displays wrong itemsVB-15831
- Bookmarks bar is mssing New Folder context menu optionVB-15501
- Browser closes when using the Pocket extensionVB-14498
- Can not move a bookmark item to the end of list on the bookmark toolbarVB-15975
- Cutting from start in URL field clears URL fieldVB-15350
- Dropping a bookmark bar item on the bookmark bar creates a new itemVB-15907
- Forward and back mouse buttons operate on wrong windowVB-14952
- Hide tooltip when searchfield or URL field gets focused or updates
- Improve automatic underscoring in menusVB-15349
- Menu key activates wrong context menu for Spatial Navigation highlighted links on windowsVB-9169
- Page can override Spatial Navigation indicator (e.g. cnn.com)VB-15735
- Radio button in toggle image menu squeezedVB-15013
- Renaming items on the bookmark tool bar is confusing with Title sorting enabledVB-15711
- Saving changes to bookmark using Enter/ReturnVB-15740
- Some URLs are searched instead of followedVB-14729
- Speed dial sorting follows bookmarks manager sortingVB-14418
- Tab Tiling is Cleared when StackedVB-15277
- Use input case when autocomplete on URL
- Vivaldi Missing Title Case in TranslationVB-15342
- Large PNG or animated GIF does not display when opened directlyVB-13521
- Stacked tabs disappeared when disable "Tab stacking"VB-13898
- Emulation tab in Developer Tools is not presentVB-14710
- Unable to add first Note via clicking the '+' buttonVB-14960
- Addressbar input field box shadow in Private windowsVB-14714
- Alt+D shortcut activates Vivaldi menuVB-11958
- Bookmarks panel reports URL cannot be empty on re-openingVB-14828
- Can not execute bookmarklets by nick from quick commandsVB-12691
- Can not find some settings: search was not always working due to casingVB-13999
- Cutting (Ctrl+X) a URL does not include the protocolVB-14727
- Deleting typed URL in the adress bar doesn't fully delete it in the dropdownVB-14656
- Keep Speed Dial view bottom spacing with + button disabled
- Not able to quickly go to URL with slash using custom searchVB-14981
- Radio buttons loose focus on changeVB-14821
- Speed Dial doesn't allow adding bookmarksVB-10623
- Style fix for search suggestVB-14831
- Title of Vivaldi Settings window is "Vivaldi", not "Settings"VB-3222
- Better transition for Ctrl+Enter (www.input com) in URL field
- URL should clip based on selection
- Shortcuts in Vivaldi menu do not always match underscored lettersVB-15172
- Disable all but essential keyboard shortcuts when plugins are focussed: Workaround for clashes e.g. backspace in Flash or PDF forms.VB-15312
- Installer mentions Chrome in an error messageVB-14837
- Updated Chromium to 50.0.2661.89: With this we drop support for Windows XP, Vista and versions of MacOSX below 10.9. In addition we have disabled NPAPI plugins
Apps similar to Vivaldi Beta 4
Google Chrome's development is high-paced and here is the browser's latest beta.
This version is the bleeding edge development from Opera; features will be piloted, and may be shelved, taken back to the drawing board, or taken forward to the Opera Next stream - feature complete, but potentially buggy.
From the creators of Opera, a browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first. A browser that is made for you.