Nvidia GeForce Notebook Graphics Driver 290.53 Beta for Windows Vista/7 64-bit
As part of the Nvidia Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported Nvidia notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. Nvidia recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is the second beta release from the R290 family of drivers. For more information, read the 290.53 driver article on GeForce.com.
This driver supports the following Nvidia notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
- ION notebook GPUs.
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, and 500M-series notebook GPUs.
- Quadro 5010M, 5000M, 4000M 3000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- Optimizations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Increases performance by up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vs. 290.36 drivers (measured with GeForce GTX 560 at 19x10 Ultra Indoor Scene). Results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and in-game location.
- Updates the Nvidia Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a higher performance profile.
- Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to better match Skyrim crosshairs.
- For a full Skyrim tweak guide, visit GeForce.com.
- Nvidia SLI
- Adds SLI profiles for Trine 2, WRC 2: FIA World Rally Championship 2011, and Afterfall: InSanity.
- 3D Vision
- Fixes issues with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 not launching into 3D Vision mode
- Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to better match The Elder Scrolls Skyrim crosshairs
- Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome rated Good
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Game rated Excellent
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations rating changed to Fair
- Driver San Francisco updated settings to work better in 3D Vision
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim updated in-game compatibility message
- Hard Reset updated in-game compatibility message. FXAA x2 and x4 are now supported by the game Ignite rated Good
- Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters rated Fair
- Jurassic Park: The Game rated Good
- Orcs Must Die! rated Good
- PAYDAY The Heist rated Poor
- PT Boats - Knights of the Sea rated Good
- PT Boats - South Gambit rated Good
- Race 07 updated in-game compatibility message
- Race Room rated Good
- Serious Sam 3: BFE rated Poor
- SkyDrift rated Good
- Star Wars: The Old Republic rated Good
- Stronghold 3 rated Good
- Take on Helicopters rated Fair
- Trine 2 rated 3D Vision Ready
- Waves rated Excellent
- Key Bug Fixes
- Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3 (fix is now enabled for GeForce 400 and 500 series GPUs).
- Fixes a default panel resolution/ timing bug in 290.36.
- Other Details
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and Nvidia SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
- GeForce 500M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTX 580M, GeForce GTX 570M, GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 550M, GeForce GT 540M, GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT 520M, GeForce GT 520MX
- GeForce 400M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTX 485M, GeForce GTX 480M, GeForce GTX 470M, GeForce GTX 460M, GeForce GT 445M, GeForce GT 435M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 420M, GeForce GT 415M, GeForce 410M
- GeForce 300M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTS 360M, GeForce GTS 350M, GeForce GT 335M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 325M, GeForce GT 320M, GeForce 320M, GeForce 315M, GeForce 310M, GeForce 305M
- GeForce 200M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTX 285M, GeForce GTX 280M, GeForce GTX 260M, GeForce GTS 260M, GeForce GTS 250M, GeForce GT 240M, GeForce GT 230M, GeForce GT 220M, GeForce G210M
- GeForce 100M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTS 160M, GeForce GT 130M, GeForce GT 120M, GeForce G 110M, GeForce G 105M, GeForce G 103M, GeForce G 102M
- GeForce 9M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce 9800M GTS, GeForce 9800M GT, GeForce 9800M GS, GeForce 9700M GTS, GeForce 9700M GT, GeForce 9650M GT, GeForce 9650M GS, GeForce 9600M GT, GeForce 9600M GS, GeForce 9500M GS, GeForce 9500M G, GeForce 9400M G, GeForce 9400M, GeForce 9300M GS, GeForce 9300M G, GeForce 9200M GS, GeForce 9100M G
- GeForce 8M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce 8800M GTX, GeForce 8800M GTS, GeForce 8800M GS, GeForce 8700M GT, GeForce 8600M GT, GeForce 8600M GS, GeForce 8400M GT, GeForce 8400M GS, GeForce 8400M G, GeForce 8200M G, GeForce 8200M
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: