AMD Catalyst Drivers 8.93.7 RC10 for Windows 8 Consumer Preview
The AMD Catalyst Windows 8 Consumer Preview Driver contains the following:
- AMD display driver version 8.93.7
- AMD Vision Control Center version 8.93.7
AMD Product Compatibility
The AMD Catalyst Windows 8 Preview Driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility
- AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD A Series APU
- AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
- AMD C Series APU
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD E Series APU
- AMD FirePro Series
- AMD FirePro 3D Series
Please note: A future AMD Catalyst Windows 8 driver release will add support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series in the coming weeks.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8 32-bit Edition
- Windows 8 64-bit Edition
Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst Driver for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview:
- Full WDDM 1.2
- Highlights include:
- Native Stereo 3D support: Windows 8 will natively support Stereo 3D for full-screen and windowed gaming and video applications
- Unified Video API – Video playback is now integrated within the DirectX 11 API; enabling simultaneous high quality Video and 3D content, and the potential for enhanced video transcoding performance
- Optimized screen rotation improved sleep / resume performance
- Optimized Power Consumption
- Highlights include:
- AMD Eyefinity
- AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFireX Technology
- AMD Overdrive
- AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 8 operating system with the AMD Catalyst Driver for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. These include:
- Graphics corruption may be intermittently experienced while running the Metro UI in High Performance mode.
- HDMI/DisplayPort audio may be unavailable when connected to an audio enabled display device.
- Bezel compensation may not function as expected.
- AMD Steady Video options may be missing on initial launch of the Vision Control Center.
- The AMD Overdrive option may be missing in some configurations.
- The list of supported HDTV modes may be incomplete or missing in some configurations.
- Random flickering and screen corruption may be observed while playing Dirt2 and F1 2010 in DirectX 11 mode.
- Random flickering and screen corruption may be observed while playing Just Cause 2 in DirectX 10 mode.
- Crysis 2 may experience corruption when run in DirectX 11 mode.
- F1 2010 may fail to launch when run in DirectX 9 mode.
- 3D video playback may not be available while running PowerDVD 10.
- Flickering may be observed when playing World of Warcraft in HD3D using the Tridef launcher.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: