As part of the
Nvidia Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be
installed on supported Nvidia notebook GPUs. However, please note that your
notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for
your specific notebook on their website. Nvidia recommends that you check with
your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may
not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.
Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer
to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration.
Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell
Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first
install this Dell software update.
This is the second WHQL-certified driver from the R295 family of drivers
(versions 295.xx to 299.xx).
This driver supports the following Nvidia notebook GPUs (please refer to the
Products Supported tab for exceptions):
- ION notebook GPUs.
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, and 500M-series notebook GPUs.
- Quadro 5010M, 5000M, 4000M 3000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or
- NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
This driver is a recommended upgrade for all GeForce users, especially those
playing the latest hot PC games like Battlefield 3, Blacklight: Retribution,
Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and more. These
drivers come packed with GeForce-exclusive performance and quality enhancements
and are Microsoft WHQL-certified.
- Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
- Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
- Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
- DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
- Dungeon Defenders
- F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
- rFactor 2
- Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
- Dear Esther – Rated Good
- Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation
for more details.
Highlight Summary for the R295 Family of Drivers
- New features and performance since R285 WHQL-certified driver
- Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V:
Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam’s history”
- Up to 2x performance Mass Effect 3 with SLI technology.
- GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion
support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder
Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
- New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like
Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
- Enables WHQL-certified support for Nvidia Surround on Intel X79 SLI-certified
- Updates HD Audio to version 220.127.116.11.
- Other Details
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA
C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and Nvidia SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX
10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL.
- GeForce 500M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTX 580M, GeForce GTX 570M, GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT
555M, GeForce GT 550M, GeForce GT 540M, GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT
520M, GeForce GT 520MX
- GeForce 400M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTX 485M, GeForce GTX 480M, GeForce GTX 470M, GeForce GTX
460M, GeForce GT 445M, GeForce GT 435M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT
420M, GeForce GT 415M, GeForce 410M
- GeForce 300M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTS 360M, GeForce GTS 350M, GeForce GT 335M, GeForce GT
330M, GeForce GT 325M, GeForce GT 320M, GeForce 320M, GeForce 315M,
GeForce 310M, GeForce 305M
- GeForce 200M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTX 285M, GeForce GTX 280M, GeForce GTX 260M, GeForce GTS
260M, GeForce GTS 250M, GeForce GT 240M, GeForce GT 230M, GeForce GT
220M, GeForce G210M
- GeForce 100M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce GTS 160M, GeForce GT 130M, GeForce GT 120M, GeForce G 110M,
GeForce G 105M, GeForce G 103M, GeForce G 102M
- GeForce 9M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce 9800M GTS, GeForce 9800M GT, GeForce
9800M GS, GeForce 9700M GTS, GeForce 9700M GT, GeForce 9650M GT, GeForce
9650M GS, GeForce 9600M GT, GeForce 9600M GS, GeForce 9500M GS, GeForce
9500M G, GeForce 9400M G, GeForce 9400M, GeForce 9300M GS, GeForce 9300M
G, GeForce 9200M GS, GeForce 9100M G
- GeForce 8M Series (Notebooks)
- GeForce 8800M GTX, GeForce 8800M GTS, GeForce 8800M GS, GeForce
8700M GT, GeForce 8600M GT, GeForce 8600M GS, GeForce 8400M GT, GeForce
8400M GS, GeForce 8400M G, GeForce 8200M G, GeForce 8200M
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.