Intel HD Graphics Driver 126.96.36.19961 for Windows 7 32-bit
This software driver package will install the Intel® HD Graphics Driver for the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 and 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500. These drivers will not function with any other product. View the README file for installation information and the release notes for driver version details. This driver package contains version 188.8.131.5261 (184.108.40.20661) for Windows 7.
These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.
Confused about what to download?
The Graphics Support Community Forum is a monitored peer-to-peer exchange for the Intel Chipset and Graphics community. Please follow this link to register and participate in the forum. Forum Link
Support for Intel® Graphics Drivers can also be accessed by chatting with a live support agent. Please follow this link to chat with an agent. Chat Link
New features added in previously released driver version 2696:
- Support added for Intel 3rd generation processors with Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500
What's New on Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500:
- OpenCL 1.1 support on Intel HD Graphics
- Microsoft DirectX 11
- Faster 3D performance: Twice1,2,3,4 as fast as Intel HD Graphics on 2nd generation Intel Core processors
- Faster Intel® Quick Sync Video performance: Transcode performance twice3,4 as fast as that on 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors
- Smoother playback over Intel Wireless Display
- Watch movies and TV shows on multiple Intel® Insider™ registered devices or with new UltraViolet support added
- Intel® Identity Protection with protected transaction display support
- Up to 3 simultaneous independent displays support
New features in this driver version 2761:
- Support added for OpenGL version 3.3 on Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500
- Recent game releases enabled in driver version 27615:
- BulPae Online
- 9 Dragons Online
- Cabal Online QQ Speed
- Diablo III
- Shank 2
- Skyrim Patch 1.5
- Finding Neverland
- Special Force 2
- Free Jack
- Tribes Ascend
- Mercury Red
- Zombie Online
- Intel tests many games and applications for compatibility and performace. Sample list of games known to play well is listed on Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500 and Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 pages respectively.
Issues fixed in driver version 2761:
- Portal 2: Performance regression issues are fixed for smoother game play.
- Crysis 2: Game in DirectX* 10 mode, no longer crashes after changing the game’s video mode resolution.
- StarCraft II: No memory leak observed during game play in single player map Shakuras plateau.
- Portal 2: Game no longer locks up.
- Darkness II: No outlines observed in the Mansion scene in campaign mode on walls and floor.
- Red Alert 2: Animation available in Yuri's Revenge menu and game can be played.
- Anisotropic filtering quality for DirectX 9* is improved. No radial lines observed in DirectX 9* Tunnel Test observed.
- Lost Planet 2: Game does not crash anymore in DirectX* 11 mode. Game works fine in DirectX* 9 mode.
- Video Playback
- Sound can now be heard from the external monitor after selecting the monitor as the playback device in the Windows Sound control panel.
- Resolved issue where sound may not be heard after waking the computer from Sleep state.
- Resolved issue where flickering and noise may be seen in video transcoded to MP4 format.
- When using three displays with the Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved an issue where sometimes the external monitor may not be detected after pressing the Ctrl+Alt+F11 keys several times to turn panel scaling on/off.
- When using three displays with the Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved issue where flickering and noise may be seen after closing and re-opening the laptop’s lid.
- When using three displays with the Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved issue where the refresh rates listed in Windows and in the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel may not match.
- Resolved an issue in the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel where the rotation setting’s picture did not change after selecting a different rotation setting.
- Resolved issue where the DisplayPort* display cannot be used in Extended Desktop or Clone configuration after a fresh installation of Windows.
- Resolved issue where after connection to the computer, an analog monitor could not be used in Extended Desktop or Clone configuration.
- When using three displays with the Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved a flickering issue and STOP error with code 0x116 that may be seen after waking the computer from Sleep state.
- Resolved an issue where the laptop’s display may be pale after connecting the power cable and waking the laptop from Sleep state.
Applications to be updated:
- It is recommended to upgrade the below list of applications to avoid any
- 3DMark11: Upgrade to 1.0.3 or later
- Batman Arkham City: Upgrade to the latest patch
- Mafia 2: Upgrade to the latest patch
- Company of Heroes: Upgrade to 2.101 and update Opposing Fronts to 2.500 or Tales of Valor to 2.601
- HomeFront: Upgrade to 1.0.5 or later
- Unigine Heaven: Upgrade to 2.5 or later
- Battlefield 3: Upgrade to latest patch
Known Issues in driver version 2761:
- Video Playback
- Windows Media Player* application: Corruption may be seen in video playback after changing the display resolution.
- In Clone mode, the video playing may become blank after unplugging the secondary display.
- Jittering may be seen while playing a Blu-ray* movie with certain media applications.
- With the Film Mode Detection setting enabled in the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel, lines are visible while playing an .MPG video file.
- When trying to play a Blu-ray* movie with an Intel® Wireless Display in Clone display mode, an error message “You are attempting to send protected content to an unprotected display" may be seen.
- Duke Nukem Forever*: Game shows periodic flickering in “Vegas in Ruin” chapter.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic version 1.2 Particle Effects are not rendering when Bloom is enabled and Shader Complexity and Anti-Aliasing are set to High.
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops*: Screen flickers during game introduction, and then system hangs when played on Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Lord of the Rings Online* exhibits minor corruption in the shadow region of "Mirkstone Tunnels" and incorrect rendering of character's head.
- BulletStorm*: Game may render some of the fire scenes incorrectly.
- Stronghold Legends*: Shows corruption during tutorial mode.
- Battlefield 3*: Game crashes in Windows 7 32-bit occasionally. No crashes observed in 64-bit.
- Brink*: Corruption seen in Brink game.
- Total War: Shogun 2*: Fog appears washed out and corruption is seen in Direct X10 mode.
- Total War: Shogun 2*: Corruption is seen in DirectX 9 benchmark mode.
- Using three displays with the Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500, overlapping displays are shown in the Multiple Displays Positioning area of the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel after changing from Clone to Extended Desktop mode.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer* application: Text corruption seen under the Tools menu, Internet Options, Advanced tab.
- The computer crashes when running a Microsoft DirectX* SDK sample application, FluidCS11.exe.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: