What This Product Does
The TP-LINK Wireless N Access Point TL-WA901ND is designed to establish or expand a scalable high-speed wireless N network or to connect multiple Ethernet enabled devices such as game consoles, digital media adapters, printers, or network attached storage devices to a wireless network. The AP supports a host of different functions that makes your wireless networking experience more flexible than ever before. Now, you can enjoy a better Internet experience when downloading, gaming, video streaming or with any other application that you may wish to use.
Wireless N Speed & Range
Adopting IEEE 802.11n advanced MIMO (Multi Input Multi Output) technology, it simultaneously works through three antennas to Tx and Rx to overcome the interference and signal degradation when traveling long distances or through physical barriers in a small office or a large apartment, resulting in an incredible improvement in the wireless performance, even in a steel-and-concrete building. Above all, you could easily pick up the wireless network during long-distance connection where legacy 11g products may not!
Multiple Operating Modes - Easy to Build WLAN
Supports AP Client, Bridge, Repeater and AP operation modes to enable various wireless applications to give users a more dynamic and comprehensive experience when using their AP. Multiple operating mode also helps you easily to build wireless network for hard-to-wire locations or eliminating wireless dead zone.
QSS Button -Quick Setup Security
Compatible with WI-FI Protected Setupô (WPS), TL-WA901ND features Quick Security Setup that allows users to almost instantly setup their security simply by pressing the "QSS" button automatically establishing a WPA2 secure connection, which is more secure compared with WEP encryptions. Not only is this faster than normal security setups but more convenient in that you don't need to remember a password!
Passive PoE Supported-More Flexible Deployment
The TL-WA901ND is able to be powered using an Ethernet cable to simultaneously send data and electricity to wherever your AP may be located even up to 100 feet away. This feature multiplies your options allowing you to place the AP in a position that is most convenient to get the best signal possible, such as on the wall or on the ceiling of your office.
WPA / WPA2 Encryptions - Advanced Security
As for the security of WI-FI connection, WEP encryption has been no longer the strongest and safest guards for outside threats. TL-WR901ND provides WPA/WPA2 encryptions (Both Personal and Enterprises) that are created by the WI-FI Alliance industry group, promoting interpretabilities and security for WLAN.
- Fixed the bug that it can't forward multicast packets when it works in AP Client/Universal Repeater mode;
- Fixed the bug that only when 4 SSID are used can VLAN function take effort;
- Added more IGMP group to support more applications.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty.
- Do NOT turn off the power during upgrade.
- Do NOT upgrade the firmware through wireless connection unless the device only has wireless connection;
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before upgrade.