It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- Browser viewer: Allow customizing what information is displayed in the header and footer areas. Access Preferences from the viewer controls to change.
- Add support for MTP devices on FreeBSD
- ToC editor: Add more case changing operations to the right click menu
- Content server: Allow opening entries in the book list in a new tab via middle click/right click
- Add a tweak in Preferences->Tweaks to exclude some fields when using the Edit metadata->Copy/paste actions
- Linux: Allow using calibre-tray.png in the calibre resources folder to override the system tray icon.
- Browser viewer: Fix goto next/previous section actions not working when the sections are in different individual HTML files.
- Edit book/Book polishing: When compressing images and the compressed image is larger thant he original, use the original image.
- PDF input: Fix conversion of multi-level PDF Outline causing duplicate entries in the Table of Contents.
- Edit book: Fix incorrect EPUB 3 declarations being added to the OPF file when adding covers to an EPUB 2 book
- Edit book: Fix backspace key un-indenting instead of deleting even when text is selected if the cursor is at the start of the line
- Tag browser: Fix position not bing preserved when deleting books.
- Edit Book: Use the cache directory rather than the temp directory to store working files. Hopefully prevents temp file cleaners from destroying books.
- EPUB input: Handle books that erroneously set the mimetype for font files to text/plain
- AZW3 input: Do not fail to process files with invalid internal flow references.
- When updating plugins, do not show the dialog asking which toolbar to put the plugin, even if the user has removed the plugin for all toolbars.
- Content server: Fix using the Clear logs button preventing the server from restarting until calibre itself is restarted.
Improved news sources
- LA Times
- Popular Science
- Nikkei News