It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- Allow searching for books in a virtual library using a new 'vl:' prefix
- Server: Show file sizes in the tooltips for the download buttons.
- Server: Reduce the grid view minimum cover thumbnail size from 150px to 105px
- Narrow layout: Fix wasted space to the left of the comments in the Book details panel
- Server: Fix downloading files via the list of formats not working when launching calibre from the home screen on iOS
- Browser viewer: Fix controls help overlay not being displayed the first time the viewer is used
- MOBI Output: Fix a regression causing a crash for some input documents that specify text-transform or font-variant CSS properties.
- DOCX Input: Fix framed lists being rendered with the frame inside the bullets instead of outside it.
- Fix a regression that could cause conversion to crash when using the first-letter CSS pseudo selector and outputting to MOBI or DOCX.
- Conversion: Fix remove first image option not working for comic input with the disable comic processing option.
- Server: Fix tooltip not working in the cover grid view.
- Workaround for Qt bug that prevented using the shift and ctrl keys with the touchscreen
- Linux: fix native KDE file dialog not working on older systems
- Linux: Fix KDE dialogs not supporting multiple file name filter groups
- Fix libraries being sorted alphabetically by full path rather than just library name
- Server: Allow hyphens in user names
- calibredb.exe: Fix misleading error message when connecting to a server with incorrect username or password