It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- Edit book: Allow exporting all selected files to the computer from the 'File browser' by right clicking and choosing 'Export selected files'
- Server: When returning to the search page, remember the last used state of the Tag browser
- Template language: Allow the in_list() functions to return different values depending on what is found
- Add a configurable shortcut to move the focus from Quickview to the book list
- Conversion: When inserting the publication year in the metadata jacket, do so in the local time zone, so it matches what is displayed in the main calibre program.
- Server OPDS feeds: Fix incorrect counts in letter categories when there are lowercase names.
- Edit book: Fix 'Show details' button not visible when doing 'Replace all' rather than 'Count all'
- Nook driver: Remove the % character from filenames sent to the Nook.
- Fix calibre startup crash caused by Quickview when the applied virtual library is empty (has no books).