Sign up for a new account or log in here:
This package includes:
Display Driver, CATALYST Control Center, and WDM Integrated Driver.
The Catalyst™ software suite 5.6 contains the following:
* Radeon® display driver 8.14
* Multimedia Center™ 9.08
* HydraVision™ 3.25.0006
* HydraVision™ Basic Edition 3.25.9006
* Remote Wonder™ 3.02
* WDM Driver Install Bundle
* Southbridge/IXP Driver
* Catalyst™ Control Center Version 5.6
Caution: The Catalyst™ Control Center requires that Microsoft's .NET Framework Version 1.1 be installed. Without .NET Version 1.1 installed the Catalyst™ Control Center will not launch properly, and the user will see an error message as a result
Caution: The Remote Wonder™ 3.02 software is intended to support Remote Wonder™ and Remote Wonder™ II products. Remote Wonder™ Plus user should continue to use the software provided with the product.
Note: The ATI WDM Driver Install Bundle contains both the ATI WDM Driver 5.03 (6312) and 4.07 (6246). The setup program automatically detects the ATI All-in-Wonder® or ATI VIVO™ product installed in your system and installs the appropriate ATI WDM components.
The WDM version 5.03 (6312) is installed on:
· All-in-Wonder® 9600 Series
· All-in-Wonder® 9800 Series
· All-in-Wonder® 9700 Series
· All-in-Wonder® X600 Series
· All-in-Wonder® X800 Series
The WDM version 4.07 (6246) is installed on:
· Radeon® 9200 series or earlier All-in-Wonder® products.
· ATI VIVO™ products
The Catalyst™ software suite is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
* Radeon® X850 series
* Radeon® X800 series
* Radeon® X700 series
* Radeon® X600 series
* Radeon® X300 series
* Radeon® 9X00 series
* Radeon® 8500 series
* Radeon® 7X00 series
Note: ATI All-in-Wonder® variants based on the above are also supported.
Note: All ATI Radeon® PC Graphic cards are optimized for Microsoft's Media Center Edition 2005 when coupled with a supported video capture card.
The Catalyst™ software suite is designed to support the following ATI chipset products:
Radeon® XPRESS 200 series
Radeon® 9000 IGP
Radeon® IGP 340 IXP 300
Radeon® IGP 330 IXP 250
Radeon® IGP 320 IXP 200
Radeon® 9100 IGP IXP 150
Radeon® 9100 IGP Pro
The latest version of the Catalyst™ software suite is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
* Windows XP
* Windows 2000
* Windows Media Center Edition (graphics driver support only)
This section provides information on new features introduced in the latest release of the Catalyst™ Software Suite. New features include:
* Catalyst™ Mobility™ Software Driver
* Catalyst™ Control Center Performance enhancements
* Catalyst™ Control Center User Interface Enhancements
* New Video Features for the Catalyst™ Control Center
* WMV9 Acceleration
Catalyst™ Mobility™ Software Driver
End users are now able to download the latest Catalyst™ release for Windows XP every month for their notebook PC. This unified driver will include all of the regular Desktop Catalyst™ features, plus all of the laptop specific features our notebook users are familiar with - Initially the Catalyst™ Mobility™ driver will be only supported on the Mobility™ Radeon® X700 and Mobility™ Radeon® X800 graphics accelerators, from select system builders.
Catalyst™ Control Center Performance enhancements
Stream-lining the Catalyst™ Control Center code has increased start-up time, user-interface responsiveness, and over all stability. You can expect to see the Catalyst™ Control Center performance and overall size to keep improving over the next few Catalyst™ releases.
Catalyst™ Control Center User Interface Enhancements
Enhancements to the user interface and new functionality added to the system tray makes configuring settings much simpler for end users.
New Video Features for the Catalyst™ Control Center
New video features for the Catalyst™ Control Center include:
* New video preview. This provides real-time video preview and shows users the benefits of adjusting video settings without committing the changes
* Simpler video playback. This feature easily enables full-screen video playback on your secondary display device
* New video wizard. This wizard helps users optimize their display configuration
* Video de-interlacing options. This option allows video enthusiasts to choose which de-interlacing method they want to use
This release of Catalyst™ introduces full hardware acceleration of Microsoft Windows Media Video (WMV) files when using DirectX 9 shaders. Hardware acceleration significantly reduces dropped frames and can reduce CPU usage up to 50%.
As with most Catalyst™ releases, performance has increased in various situations. The following performance gains are noticed with Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.6.
* Doom3: A performance gain of up to 7% is noticed at lower resolutions as a result of more efficient memory use
* Chronicles of Riddick: A performance gain of up to 10% is noticed as a result of more efficient storage of vertex data
* Halo: A performance gain of up to 20% is noticed as a result of generic driver Z-optimizations
* 3DMark05: A performance gain of up to 5% is noticed as a result of generic driver Z-optimizations
Issues Resolved in Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.6
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:
* MS Works 8.0: Running the application under a German edition of Windows XP no longer results in an error message being displayed when clicking on the calendar
* MVP Baseball 2004: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI PCIe product installed no longer results in brief display corruption being noticed when there is a transition between certain frames
* Shadow Vault: Setting the desktop resolution to 1280x1024 and the D3D slider to Optimal Quality in the ATI 3D tab no longer results in corruption being displayed in the opening cinematic and no longer results in the game failing to respond along with a VPU recover message
* VirtualSkipper3: Launching a challenge in the game no longer results in the game failing to respond while the challenge is loading
* Assigning a hotkey to increase the overlay gamma no longer results in the hotkey not functioning properly when playing an MPEG using the Windows Media Player
* Installing the display driver and the Catalyst™ Control Center, no longer results in a runtime error and the system tray failing to start when attempting to create multiple user accounts and enabling fast user switching
* The Catalyst™ Control Center installation now checks for the installation of the Microsoft .Net Framework before preceding with the install of the Catalyst™ Control Center. This resolves an error message that was displayed when attempting to launch the Catalyst™ Control Center
* The Scale to Full Screen option found in the Theater Mode settings of the Catalyst™ Control Center is now available when using multiple display devices and enabling clone mode
* The text that describes the preferred setting for the Plugged-in option found under the Powerplay™ settings of the Catalyst™ Control Center is no longer missing
* Catalyst™ Control Center: The Apply and Discard button are no longer disabled when disabling Overdrive™
* Moving the TV to desktop2 and selecting swap device or double up no longer results in the CRT being in panning mode and display corruption being seen on the TV
* The Optimal Performance text string is no longer missing in the Standard settings of the 3D options found in the Catalyst™ Control Center
* The Color option found under Smartshader is no longer missing when selecting the option No Preview for the Catalyst™ Control Center
* Changing the regional option found in the control panel to Japan followed by installing the display driver no longer results in the TV format failing to change in accordance with the regional option
* Selecting German as the language for the Catalyst™ Control Center no longer results in the heading for the Digital Panel Attributes page being cut-off
* Creating a hotkey to adjust any video overlay option no longer results in the overlay option not changing when executing the hotkey
* Black text boxes are no longer displayed in the Overdrive™ option of the Catalyst™ Control Center when selecting the Windows XP Silver Color Scheme
* The language translation of Hide Toolbar Text in the Preferences tab of the Catalyst™ Control Center is now correct for the Korean language
* Paragraph truncation is no longer noticed in the confirmation dialog box when using the Korean language option and making a change to the Graphic Settings in the Display Options of the Catalyst™ Control Center
* Changes to the Overlay Display in Clone Mode option found in the Theater Mode settings of the Catalyst™ Control Center are now retained
* The Scale to full screen option found in the Theater Mode Settings of the Catalyst™ Control Center is now working properly
* The title for the ATI Setup Wizard failed dialog box is no longer missing when running the installation under Windows XP Korean version
* Display corruption is no longer noticed when resuming from a full screen DOS session and attempting to run a 3D application under Windows XP in a system containing an ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 series product
* Connecting an HDTV to an ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 series no longer results in the selection of D3 and D4 in the HDTV properties
* Connecting both a DVI display device and an HDTV to an ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 series no longer results in the DVI monitor failing to enter power save mode
* The back lighting is no longer disabled after the installing of the display driver in a system containing an ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 series
* Setting the Anti-Aliasing option to 4x and running an application that supports non-standard modes such as 1360x1024 no longer results in the application being displayed incorrectly
* LCD Response Time Composition is now enabled and automatically turns off if video playback is below a predefined threshold
* Adding a secondary ATI display adapter to a system contain an ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 series on board no longer results in hesitation being noticed when using the hot-key function to switch between display devices
* Having a TV connected as the only display device and clicking the OK button in the ATI displays tab found in the Advanced section of the Display Properties no longer results in a flash of the TV image being noticed
* Having a TV and CRT connected and clicking on Preview Automatic adjustment in the Optimize Media Center no longer results in both display devices displaying a black screen
For complete release note please go here:
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.