Why settle for a basic build of your Firefox browser on Windows Operating Systems when you can have one that performs 25% faster? Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows, while many Linux ("from scratch") users get the advantage of a browser built specifically for their system. That needs to change! So, here is the Pale Moon project: Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed out of your browser.
Of course, getting a faster browser is not just about optimizing the compilation process (building a program from its source code), but also about carefully choosing features and how to choose the best setup. This means that this browser, however extremely close to Firefox, does not have all the functions that Firefox has. A few, carefully selected, features have been disabled that are not in high demand, and that do not interfere with the way web pages are displayed or function; all to maximize speed and efficiency of the browser. Please see the page with technical details to learn exactly what the browser supports, and what it doesn't support. In short, if you need accessibility features or parental controls, then please visit the firefox homepage and get the official, non-optimized build.
- Highly optimized for current processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Support for SVG and Canvas
- Support for Firefox extensions, themes and personas
This is a development, bugfix and security release. Our release schedule was adjusted here to provide web compatibility improvements and not just a security update this month.
- Implemented promise.allSettled().
- Implemented global origin on windows and workers.
- Improved performance of memory allocations.
- Updated libcubeb to the current development version.
- This improves OSS compatibility and addresses potential crashes, performance issues and security issues.
- Updated SQLite to 3.36.0.
- Improved thread safety of the web content cache. DiD
- Added several fixes to avoid potential crashes and security issues. DiD
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 5 DiD, 12 not applicable.
Software similar to Pale Moon 6
Connect to the world on the browser built by Google
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox.
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.
More similar downloads