Why settle for a basic build of your Firefox browser on Windows Operating Systems when you can have one that performs 25% faster? Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows, while many Linux ("from scratch") users get the advantage of a browser built specifically for their system. That needs to change! So, here is the Pale Moon project: Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed out of your browser.
Of course, getting a faster browser is not just about optimizing the compilation process (building a program from its source code), but also about carefully choosing features and how to choose the best setup. This means that this browser, however extremely close to Firefox, does not have all the functions that Firefox has. A few, carefully selected, features have been disabled that are not in high demand, and that do not interfere with the way web pages are displayed or function; all to maximize speed and efficiency of the browser. Please see the page with technical details to learn exactly what the browser supports, and what it doesn't support. In short, if you need accessibility features or parental controls, then please visit the firefox homepage and get the official, non-optimized build.
- Highly optimized for current processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Support for SVG and Canvas
- Support for Firefox extensions, themes and personas
- Backed out the NSPR/NSS update from 27.8.0 for causing crashes, general operational instability and handshake issues.
- Disabled TLS 1.3 draft support by default, because with the NSS backout we only support an older draft right now that is no longer current and may cause connectivity issues. You can manually re-enable it at your own risk in about:config by setting security.tls.version.max to 4.
Apps similar to Pale Moon 6
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox Quantum.
Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.