Sign up for a new account or log in here:
his particular software suite updates both the ATI Display Driver (version 8.282), and the Catalyst® Control Center (version 6.8). This unified driver has been further enhanced to provide the highest level of power, performance, and reliability. The ATI Catalyst® software suite is the ultimate in performance and stability.
The Catalyst® Control Center requires that the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 or 2.0 be installed. Without .NET version 1.1 or 2.0 installed, the Catalyst® Control Center will not launch properly and the user will see an error message.
The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
* Radeon® X1900 series
* Radeon® X1800 series
* Radeon® X1600 series
* Radeon® X1300 series
* Radeon® X850 series
* Radeon® X800 series
* Radeon® X700 series
* Radeon® X600 series
* Radeon® X550 series
* Radeon® X300 series
* Radeon® 9800 series
* Radeon® 9700 series
* Radeon® 9600 series
* Radeon® 9550 series
ATI Chipset Product Support
The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following ATI chipset products:
* CrossFire™ Xpress 3200
* CrossFire™ Xpress 1600
* Radeon® Xpress 200 series (for both Intel and AMD Processors)
Operating systems supported
The latest version of the Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Home Edition
* Windows XP Media Center Edition (graphics driver support only)
As with most Catalyst® releases, performance has increased in various situations.
Improved shader compiler and transform engine optimizations have led to many significant performance gains in OpenGL applications across the entire Radeon® X1000 series of products. These include:
* Doom 3 performance improves as much as 6.5%
* Quake 4 (v1.2 or higher) performance improves as much as 18%
* Chronicles of Riddick performance improves as much as 20%. Average improvements of 5-10% are commonly seen
* Prey performance improves as much as 16%
Optimizations made to ATI\'s graphics memory manager have led to significant gains in DirectX applications that make heavy use of graphics memory on 256MB ATI graphics cards:
* 3DMark06 performance improves as much as 22% on single ATI Radeon® X1000 series cards with 256MB of graphics memory at 1280x1024 and higher when anti-aliasing is enabled. The largest gains are found on the ATI Radeon® X1800 series and ATI Radeon® X1900 series of products
* Call of Duty 2 performance improves as much as 30% on single ATI Radeon® X550 cards or higher with 256MB of video memory at 1280x1024 and higher when anti-aliasing enabled. The largest gains are found on the ATI Radeon® X1800 series and ATI Radeon® X1900 series of products.
To read the complete release notes please go to: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_68_release_notes.html
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.