0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'Morning. :')

I've been having problems with windows crashing since 2 months ago. It crashes whenever I try to play a grahpic intensive game. (I can play older games just fine)

0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
Is the error I get, I tried reinstalling the Ati video drivers, tried older version off the driver since it might have been a bug in the driver itself. Even tried unofficial drivers (The "Omega" ones) but still had the error.
For uninstalling the drivers I used "Driver Cleaner Pro" in save mode then restart in instal them in normal mode.

I ran 3Dmark test, which I completed without problems (Apart from a low framerate in some of the animations)
Checked the temperatures, but they stay stable at around 30 degrees Celcius mostly.
I have a 400W powersupplier and use a Ati 1650X series graphics card.

I really hope someone can help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
(uploaded my 5 latest minidump files)

Two errors were:
0xCE: DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

This means that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before exiting. Commonly occurs after installing faulty drivers or system services.

The driver cited in both cases cited dump_wmimmc.sys which is a known malware and is attached to Gameguard. From what I can research you are infected.

Read this link thoroughly: http://www.prevx.com/filenames/X1846726847562210513-0/DUMP_WMIMMC.SYS.html

I strongly suggest you go to the Security and thge Web forum here at TechSpot and first read the stickies. They contain great advice to help you resolve an issue.

This is an official Microsoft Windows error regarding an issue which might occur if the graphics adapter is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the graphics adapter cannot program the hardware correctly.

Sometimes it can be corrected by installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer, but it usually indicates your video graphics card is inadequate to the task you are demanding of it.

You can read more details in the Microsoft Knowledge base by posting the main part of the error notice.

raybay said:
This is an official Microsoft Windows error regarding an issue which might occur if the graphics adapter is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the graphics adapter cannot program the hardware correctly.

Sometimes it can be corrected by installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer, but it usually indicates your video graphics card is inadequate to the task you are demanding of it.

You can read more details in the Microsoft Knowledge base by posting the main part of the error notice.

I know, I've been at the Microsoft website and tried everything written there. (Except that I didn't replace the graphics card)
However in some cases where people also had this problem it was caused by some faulty software on their machine. Which I think is worth finding out before I run out and get a new Graphics card only to find out that that wasn;t the problem.

Walking through the "how to remove spyware and stuff" thread now.
I'll try to get the error again in a few minutes and then i'll add another minidump.

Thanks. :')

EDIT:

Just added the minidump file.
It just crashed while trying to run 3dmark06 again. (Damn >.<)

This driver was cited: atikvmag.dll (Virtual Command And Memory Manager)and it is a component from the software Virtual Command And Memory Manager by ATI.

That fits. The error message, Thread stuck in device Driver... nearly always relates to a video graphics problem. That can be a memory or speed issue. But
You might try uninstalling or disabling the drivers in Device Manager, or by "Add and Remove" then downloading and installing the latest driver. If already the latest, go back to the previous driver.
If that doesn't work, it is probably time to buy a new video card.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't help me. :'(
The file "atikvmag.dll" is the reason my pc crashed during 3dmark? If so, any advice on what to do? Could it have caused by an hardware malfunction?
Or is there still hope that it is a software related error?

Thanks for helping me this far. :')

raybay is solidly sure it is a video graphics problem. Your ATI drivers have shown up and as he says my last read on your latest minidump fits what he is supecting.

So far this seems the main culprit and it seems it is hardware. What are you using your video card for?

Try uninstalling your drivers again, reboot into Safe Mode and use Driver Cleaner Pro, and then reboot into normal mode and reinstall. I know you have done this before, but try again and see if that helps.

Sorry, my response was to Route44's post, raybay posted his while I was writing mine. Since raybay's post is solid understandable.

Reinstalling the drivers again doesn't help.
I use my videocard for Medieval 2 total war, and during that game it crashes, but I can play warcraft 3 without problems. (Which was one off the reason why I thought I wasn't a hardware error)

I submitted a ticket to ATI just for luck, otherwise it might be time for a new Graphics card.

Thanks for your help so far. It's appreciated. :')

Yea, it also crashed while running 3Dmark, and while playing WoW. Don't have any other graphic heavy application installed, but i'm sure it would crash if I would instal COD4 and try to play that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back