0x000007B after hardware upgrade

chiggins

Hi there,
I have recently replaced my motherboard, graphics card and dvd drive.

I am getting a blue screen with the hard-drive connectivity stop code 0x000007B. I have tried to resolve this by checking that the jumper on the hdd hasn't dislodged, the sata cables are connected properly and these are all fine.
Is there anything I am not checking?

I try to boot the computer up in safe and it still gives me the same error. My hdd is available in the bios so it can be seen by the computer.

I just wondered if anyone has any ideas as to how I can go about fixing this issue?

I just dont want to bite the bullet and buy a new hdd and re-install windows then get my data off of the old hard drive. Which isn't the end of the world just time consuming.

Thanks

ps: If you need any other information then please let me know.

Windows typically does not work well when switching out so much hardware without doing a fresh install. You can try some of the articles online about changing a motherboard without reinstalling windows and see if that works for you.

Hey
I will have a read online and see what I can find thanks. I swapped out the motherboard on my second computer and re-connected the hard drive and that all started up fine and has been great for 4months now. Perhaps the new graphics card on top of the motherboard was too much as you said.

Could it be an issue with drivers?

Thanks for you help

Back