0xb8 error on Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a server running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and have recently started receiving "unexpected shutdown" messages when I log on in the morning.

I've used windbg to take a look at the dump file, but have been searching the net all day and while I can find articles related to 0xb8 in general, the answers seem to revolve around updating all the drivers and getting the newest service pack.

Unfortunately, the server belongs to a client and they will not update it so as "to keep things stable". If anybody could take a look at the dump file and suggest anything that may be being specifically referred to that I can look at, so that I can try at least getting them to update that part, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

That dump file cites ntoskrnl.sys which is a core Windows OS driver and though crucial for Windows to operate it is too general to be of much help.

As you stated, the advice given is to make sure the service packs are updated, all software drivers are updated, and then do the routine hardware diagnosis.

If they don't update and the hardware diagnosis comes up clean they'll have to either update or suffer with the BSODs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back