0xEA nv4_disp on NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra

Hi my first post on these forums. I'm running Windows XP. As I mentioned in the title I am using a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra. Lately when I try to play World of Warcraft my computer will load up the video game and then once in the game it will suddenly crash to a blank screen. Sometimes my computer will stop responding (when it does this it, it will go to a BSOD after a few seconds) and other times my monitor will just go into sleep mode randomly as if my computer just turned off (but the computer remains on).

Not sure what info I need to post here. I've checked My Computer > C: > Windows > Minidump as other threads have talked about but when I get into the folder I don't see anything.

I've also tried reinstalling my Nvidia drivers but that didn't fix anything.

Try the following concerning video drivers:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Do the following to enable Minidump Files to be created:

1. Right click My Computer > click Properties > click Advance tab

2. The Advance Screen at the bottom right has Error Reporting. Click this on.

3. Click Enabled error reporting and also check both boxes underneath: Windows operating system and Programs.

4. Now click Choose Programs and click All Programs. Then click Okay and that screen will close. At the next screen click Okay and that will close.

5. You are back to the Advance screen. Find the Start up and Recovery which has underneath it System startup, system failure, and debugging information. Click the Settings box.

6. Another screen will open. You want the System failure section. Enable all three boxes.

7. Under these boxes is Write debugging information. Choose the option Small memory dump (64kb). Click OK and that screen will close.

8. Click OK one more time and you'll be finished. Now the ability for your system to write minidumps should be enabled.

I think it worked. I almost had a heartattack at one point. But I'm trying WoW and I haven't had a crash so far so Ty for the help and I hope it is fixed for the most part

Ok so ... now something weird is happening. Every minute or so my computer will lock up ( everything will freeze except the mouse) but it will go back to normal about 8 seconds later or so.

This occurs both in and out of the game. What is going on now?

Back