10 Reasons why Windows Phone 7 is better than Android

Archean

10 Reasons Why Windows Phone 7 is Better Than Android

Over the last year or so, despite not having owned a WP phone, I have been able to play with several units from HTC/Samsung/Nokia etc. (there can be advantages of having one of your best friends and BIL own smartphone stores ;) ) and I personally think that WP's user interface / ease of use / stability / no non-sense approach is far superior to Google's and on par with Apple's. So when I bumped into this article I couldn't ignore it, so enjoy reading.

wp7android-office.jpg

BIL = Brother in Law (just in case) :p

It is a slick, easy to use interface, but it lacks apps, and that is a huge drawback.

I've had a Samsung WP7 before, and it lasted a few days before I realised that most of my apps just weren't available with Windows.

I then went back to Android. I've literally just replaced my mobile, and it was a toss up between the Nokia Lumia 800, or the Samsung Galaxy S2.

The Nokia is plagued with battery and WiFi problems, and despite Mango being more advanced, and having more apps, it still didn't cover what I use with Android. So I took the safe bet and went with the SG2. I don't regret it.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll reappraise the situation come upgrade time and choose a Windows phone. That said, unless their is a native Gmail app, I'll likely pass it on once again.

Personally, I am not bothered about number of apps available, as long as the ones I need or use are there, I am happy. Beside there is whole lot of crap in the Android market, whereas, Apples App store (despite other drawbacks) is far superior collection IMO.

I agree on the part that OS is still not complete, and that was once the case with Android as well, so next 1/2 years should give us a good idea how hard MS is working to bring it on par.

I too recently switched from bad old SGS to Sensation. I went for it mainly because at that time Lumia 800 wasn't available here, but anyway, I did get to play with one, and it wasn't having any battery/connectivity issues. I guess because as already stated by several sites, not all batches of this unit is faulty.

Anyway, when I decide that it is time for a new set, a year or so down the road, I am sure it will either be a WP smartphone or an iOS device. For one simple reason, having tried so many different droids, I am always able to find stability issues with these, and that is just not good. I'll give a little leverage to Google here i.e. such instabilities may arise due to manufacturers putting lots of crap-ware along with custom UIs. Only way to get rid of such sh** is to root, but I am not really in to that nor it seems to be worth the time & effort.

I have to say my S2 works flawlessly. Everything is super smooth, fast and loading times are outstanding. Plus it will get a ICS update shortly. So its good for the next two years.

I realise not all Lumia 800's have battery problems, but it is plaguing the handset, and there is no way I could guarantee I'd get a good one.

As for apps, its purely about the ones I use. I don't care for how many each app store has, and I'd never own a new iPhone purely because of the cost and outrageously dire call plans.

I only replaced my Xperia Mini because of its small screen. Otherwise that was another excellent handset running Android that is also due for the ICS update.

I've had Motorola's, Sony Ericsson's, Samsung's, and HTC's on Android and I've never had an issue with the manufacturer specific skins. They've all been pretty useful.

Generally I too use very limited apps, hence my requirements usually center around office (or equivalent app), email (which can handle multiple accounts), browser, calculator, an SMS app (i.e. Go SMS which I use), couple of games and few Live Wall papers .... that is all :)

I am more concerned about 'stability', e.g. this HTC Sensation have re-booted three times while it was sitting idle, and I haven't been able to figure out why, I've sent the info about these instances to HTC, so lets keep the fingers crossed and see what they come up with. By the way I've owned several HTC sets in the past, the build quality is generally much better when compared with many others.

Back