160GB HD

Hello to all and glad to have found this forum.
I have a question about upgrading Dell Dimension 2400 from 40 GB HD to 160GB hard drive.
I want to format and Partition the new drive. But I also want to be able to copy my existing windows installation that is on "C" drive at present time. I have made a System Image of the present setup. Would someone tell me if this can be done and the correct steps to perform in order to do it? Oh yes, the system image was done to an external drive and I already have a slave drive installed in the PC.
Felix B.

If that came with 40GB, you might have to partition up the 160GB into 2x 80GB or 4x 40GB. Depends on the limits of your BIOS on the system board. 2x 80GB would be C:\ D:\ or C:\ D:\ E:\ F:\

If that came with 40GB, you might have to partition up the 160GB into 2x 80GB or 4x 40GB. Depends on the limits of your BIOS on the system board. 2x 80GB would be C:\ D:\ or C:\ D:\ E:\ F:\

tipstir
Thanks for the information...I did a clone from external usb Drive that had my "C" drive OS on it to the 160GB hard drive. Then I partitioned the new drive the way I wanted to do it and everything working great. The Dell saw the complete 160GB drive but that was not what I wanted. Again thanks for the help/
Felix B.

Back