2 Wireless routers (1 for print)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
This is my situation.
I connect to the internet trhrough a wireless router that is located in the first floor, which I have no physical access to it..
I have another router in my room that is just plug-in to the electrical outlet and has a network printer and a Network Hard drive connected.
How can I setup the router in my room so I can print and hace access to my network hard drive????
Is this possible. In other words I have to connect to both router at the same time.
I said I have no physical access to router in first floor but I can access the rouet webpage to change settings.

Thank you. all.

Hi guys,
This is my situation.
I connect to the internet trhrough a wireless router that is located in the first floor, which I have no physical access to it..
I have another router in my room that is just plug-in to the electrical outlet and has a network printer and a Network Hard drive connected.
How can I setup the router in my room so I can print and hace access to my network hard drive????
Is this possible. In other words I have to connect to both router at the same time.
I said I have no physical access to router in first floor but I can access the rouet webpage to change settings.

Thank you. all.
359309348.jpg

Wireless Router AP/DHCP this is your main DHCP server this will assign all IP addresses for all network devices on your network.

Second Wireless Router would have DHCP disabled and be AP mode you can connect your printer and external HDD to it. Just have to give that device a static IP address.

What brands are you using for the two wireless routers. Are you running extra wire from the first router to the second one?

Both router are not physically connected. Like I said before I only have physical access to second router.
The fisrt router is a Belkin, and the second Netgear.
I want to have acces to my NAS HD and printer that are connected to second router,(Acces should be Wirelesly).
One router for internet and the second for NAS and Printer only(No internet on second router)]

Thanks

Both router are not physically connected. Like I said before I only have physical access to second router.
The fisrt router is a Belkin, and the second Netgear.
I want to have acces to my NAS HD and printer that are connected to second router,(Acces should be Wirelesly).
One router for internet and the second for NAS and Printer only(No internet on second router)]

Thanks

To do that like this...

359074043.jpg

What you see is 100% wireless from one wireless router to the second wireless router in your case you want to add say WD Passport USB HDD to your netgear to use as a NAS also connect a printer to that. Yes that can be down. Your router would need to have a feature called WDS also known as wireless enthernet converter, wireless bridge. Goes by many names. Do you have WDS in the second router as featured item. If not then you'll either have to go buy one or use ethernet cable that can be ran out a window over the roof to a second floor location. I do that here to access the second floor because I am in an older house.

The above image shows you how to do it 100% wireless to wired AP

353940799.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back