24 Volt connector wont fully connect to Motherboard

JonB812

Hi,
So I have noticed my pc would shut off randomly and its because the 24 volt connector wasn't in all the way so when the pc would move slightly the connector would disconnect itself. When I go to push the 24 volt in all the way it wont clip onto the clip on the motherboard. It will stay in but it wont fully go in and I can easily just pull it out or it will just fall out from movement. Any ideas how to fix this?
Motherboard- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130741
PSU- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

atx 12v 24pin main power connector slot.png atx 12v 24pin main power connector.png I think it is not 24 volts. it is a 24-pin(also labelled as 20+4pin) , 12volts main power connector.
the slots are designed so that the power connector will slide into the slot to form like a 'lock and key'. to remove it.
see to it that the power connector is inserted in the right direction as shown in the pics (towards the side):
atx 12v 24pin main power connector slot.png

edit, any moderator: please delete this post.
(my second post to this thread is more 'presentable')

Last edited:
I think it is not 24 volts. it is a 24-pin(also labelled as 20+4pin) , 12volts main power connector.
the slots are designed so that the power connector will slide into the slot to form like a 'lock and key'. to remove it.
see to it that the power connector is inserted in the right direction as shown in the pics(towards the side):atx 12v 24pin main power connector slot.png atx 12v 24pin main power connector.png
atx 12v 24pin main power connector slot.png

Ya I am connecting it the right way, when I said earlier how the clip wont clip onto the motherboard that's what I was talking about the clip on the 24pin wont clip onto that lip that's located on the motherboard, I never hear a click noise or anything and sometimes it feels like its on it tight but eventually it just comes undone. I feel like I would have to put loads of force on it in order for it to maybe clip onto the lip on the motherboard

Back