3 Different BSOD, all tests seem fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ran check disk (once with a blue screen) ran memory test and seems ok

Long story short I upgraded my processor and ram, started windows and just had bsod since then.

I've tried reinstalling windows. removing everything except cpu and ram
I even tried removing new ram and tried putting back the old 1 gig stick still bsod
different hardrives
cpu runs at 27 C and all bios has been reset and updated
I can run in safe mode for a little while , can't run more than couple mins in normal mode
Cannot install updates ... I wish I could get that far without bsod
Was stable before cpu ram upgrade

E7400, ocz 4 gig 8-4-4-4 6400 kit, 630i 7150 xfx mother board, no graphics card, nothing in pci slots Windows Vista premium sp1, 650 w psu Original clock .. no tweaking whatsoever.. not my thing

I will add memory dumps.. some are the same just happened once or twice and made multiple dumps altogether 3 bsod types

One error is 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

Two errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

One error is 0xA and these are strong indicators of hardware issues or a driver attempting to access a an IRQ Level it shouldn't.

One error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are a strong pointer to RAM issues.

All of them cite Windows drivers which are too general to be of much help.

Start with your memory especially in how the BIOS has it set:

a) What are the timings? Are they set correctly?

b) What about the voltage? Is it set according to the manufacturer's specs?

* You may need to go manually here.

* You also may want to run Memtest as well.

Edit Update: One Windows that caught my attention is ecache.sys. Check out this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941020

well it turns out in fact you are right most likely the old bios was creating some whacky setup... I really did look for an update before this post but didn't find anything on nvidia's website.. little did I know that I had to go to XFX's website to get it ! computer's stable now and humming along.... much thanks for the reply and your time and effort ( is there a way to mark this post as solved ? )

You are welcome and glad to hear you have things stable. Getting back to us with this information is important because it will most likely help someone else in the future. So even though it is solved when people do a search they may find this post that will lend insight into their issue(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back