3 Strange problems with windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Recently I have had 3 problems occur with my windows (XP) on my laptop that must be related to each (being that they all started occuring at the same time). I'm not really sure what has triggered them but one day when i took my laptop out and switched it on it went straight to the BIOS set up screen and the system date/time had been reset. Here are the 3 trings wrong.......

1) When I click on "turn off computer" button to close down the system and i get the usual choice of "standby" "turn off" and "restart", the "standby" button is greyed out and un-usable.

2) When I press ctrl-alt-delete to bring up task manager i get a warning saying that it has been disabled by my administrator, even tho that is me and i have not done such a thing.

3) My USB ports are no longer functioning as USB2 and take forever to transfer data through them.

I've had the laptop for about 3 years and i know its getting old, but if anyone has any idea on whats happening I'd greatly apppreciate it.

Thanks

My best guess here is that you probably are infected. When you say a function has been disabled by an administrator and you haven't done it is the biggest red flag for me.

I strongly suggest going to our Virus and Malware removal forum and read the second and third sticky by Julio, particularly the 8 Steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back