3060 or 3060 ti

Cubeputer

I have a gtx 1060 currently, and A Ryzen 7 2700x. I am going to hopefully buy a rtx 3060 or 3060 ti at the end of the year, hopefully at or close to msrp. I know an rtx 3060 ti is clearly better than a 3060, but I don't think it's worth it if most of that performance is eaten up by my cpu not supplying enough processing. I play on 1080p 144hz, and I don't really want to get into that rabbit hole of buying a gpu, then it's overkill for 1080p, so I buy a new monitor and new cpu, and I don't want to spend all that money. It's ok if it's overkill for 1080p now, because I want it to last a few years. I mostly play COD Warzone, a little Fortnite, some Minecraft, (I want to play rtx Minecraft when I get it), and I have a quest 2 that I want to play some link games with on my pc. I just need to know if they will last a little while and what is a better option without bottlenecking a ton and wasting all the extra performance I get with a ti vs a non- ti.

I have a 3060 paired with the now ancient 6700k and even with just 4 cores the gpu is able to hit 97-100% usage almost always. The ti version is quite a bit faster and arguably worth the difference in price, but for value and your wants, the regular 3060 will probably be completely adequate for you. The 12gb of vram will get completely used in quite a few games. Deathloop and Godfall both use it all with the settings I run for example. Resident Evil Village uses over 8. Good card if you can get it for around 500.

I have a 3060 paired with the now ancient 6700k and even with just 4 cores the gpu is able to hit 97-100% usage almost always. The ti version is quite a bit faster and arguably worth the difference in price, but for value and your wants, the regular 3060 will probably be completely adequate for you. The 12gb of vram will get completely used in quite a few games. Deathloop and Godfall both use it all with the settings I run for example. Resident Evil Village uses over 8. Good card if you can get it for around 500.
What resolution are you playing at? And do you think I would make use of the extra vram with something like COD Warzone? I don't buy like any games, so I don't have like any AAA titles. I know the 3060 is around the same performance as a 1070 ti, but with dlss and raytracing. Dlss could help boost frames, and I think my CPU would allow for that. I do really like the extra vram, but if I don't make use of it, then I don't need it. Same thing for the 3060 ti. If I don't use all the GPU power, and its only like 15% better instead of like 30% better, then I don't mind dropping performance for extra vram that could close that gap in the future when games inevitably get more demanding, especially in the VRAM department.

You could broaden your horizons a bit and consider a 6700XT, but I know, only nvidia makes gpu's.

You could broaden your horizons a bit and consider a 6700XT, but I know, only nvidia makes gpu's.
I’m seriously conseidering amd, im not an nvidia only kinda guy. I just kinda boiled it down to those two and didn’t think about it lol. might get a 6600xt cuz it’s between the two in performance

Back