4850: 512MB vs 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styl

Is there any noticeable difference between the 512MB and 1GB versions of the 4850? Which one will I be better off buying?

I think I have been through this twice and rage has been through it about 10 times. Probably not with most games unless you're running a 24" monitor 1600x1200 res or higher. Unless you plan on playing crysis on full detail.

Ah, sorry. I tried sending this directly to Rage, but the system limited me to 100 characters and I couldn't find a way to shorten it without sounding like an *****. I just had a look at Newegg, and the 1GB is only $12 more than the 512. Which one would you recommend?

Styl said:
Ah, sorry. I tried sending this directly to Rage, but the system limited me to 100 characters and I couldn't find a way to shorten it without sounding like an *****.
Don't hesitate to ask me (or anyone on this forum for that matter) for help, I'm always glad to help, and all I need is a proper description of the problem\query you have.

And, as a rule of thumb, always go for the card with more VRAM if it does not cost you more than $10-20 more, unless the onboard memory is slower than that on the regular incarnation of the card, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back