4870 crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitE

My graphics rely shifty crash all the time pretty much permanent artifacting in all my games

got stock hd 4870
xp prof
q6600

dont rely noe why so much trouble with it

I can get more screens if needed

Attachments

• ur mom.jpg
    ur mom.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 8
If you are running Vista there are at least two ATI drivers that people are experiencing issues with and the ATI display driver cited in the jpg you supplied is one of them.

Try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) that you want for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Get back to us with the results.

running xp

and ive alredy tried reinstalling drivers

:x
fixed my artifacting almost completely was running Asus six engine on high now i turned it down cut 99% out

just wen i game but i underclocked my gpu which has reduced artifacting

but still crashes =="

I have read of ATI cards not increasing the RPMs of the fan when gaming and as you well know gaming will put a load on the card and thus increasing heat. I believe there is a tool to rectify the set fan speeds but off the top of my head I can't remember what it is.

It sounds like, at this point, a heat issue. Check your fan. Is it working? Also, download Everest Home free edition. It is no longer supported but it can still be found and check out your video card temperatures.

I would also post this issue under the Video forums here because this is more leaning toward your video card and temps and not really a device driver per se.

can u move it :p

working off rivatuner atm
maxed internal and case fans

mite need a dust xD

running a AKASA Vortexx NEO on my 4870 sted of stock

That's it, rivatuner! Thanks for the jogging of memory. Look forward on hearing if it was simply a heat issue. And dust is nature's "blanket" so to speak. :)

Speaking from personal experience I had a card slowly die on me and it started first with gaming and then artifacted with everything. This was a long time ago before I knew that I could switch out the stock fan and replace with a third party one.

I looked at your attached image, I am no expert in video cards, but I think your card is dying.

i sent the card for repairs/tested and its fine
in the mean time i have put a hd4350 in which works fine albeit megaslow
cud u recommend sum software to monitor wattage the psu cud indeed be the underlying issue here

k ty i think i mite b able 2 get a multimeter
i now have strange error kinda thingy where i cant resize my desktop without a restart
wtf?
i use 1650x1080 for standard desktop but as using 4350 for gpu i use lower for games i tend 2 ge this after i close a game

You've had this fault for a while now:

With three threads now:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114489.html (created: 10-24-2008)
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic115156.html (created: 11-04-2008)
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic122355.html (being this one)

All related to your Graphics card (being 4870)

If you haven't tried a clean install of Windows, I'd say at this stage it looks more like Motherboard issue. Note I haven't read every post on every thread, but it's sure taking a long time to fix :rolleyes:

all i want is 2 playyyyyyyyy omggg
kkk ill stop bothering u gud people with a problem god cuddnt fix

edit 1: rite b4 i go cud u tell me why wen i start my pc i get 2 wizards trying 2 do sumthing with "audio device on high definition audio bus"
i have a creative sounblaster X-Fi installed and my sound is working relatively fine

edit 2: more pictures my directX looks old...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back