4k dvd no ENGLISH sound

Total mind numbing craziness. I have a 7 or so 4k dvd library and 2 titles will not play English sound ,not a peep. scroll to french or Spanish full 7.1 surround only dubbed in french/ Spanish (what?!) even the English description works fine (for the blind I guess). punchline ,2 separate 4k players are doing the same thing with the same 2 titles. Samsung/Sony respectfully. please help best buy is none. BTW sonos sound system for the record.

Just a guess based on how much info you have provided...

The audio codec is different between the different languages on your media and your dialog, which would predominantly be played by your center channel speaker, is not getting the correct signal for some reason. Perhaps you have a surround mode that isn't processing your channels properly. Is the English dialog faintly audible? Do you have a working center channel speaker? Have you run your audio level configuration? Does your audio processor know how many and which speakers you actually have?

Fixed it. I had to switch to the pci output in the general sound settings. I was only changing settings in the pop up sound on the tv. it was sonos that was not reading the higher mbs ( about 3.5-4mbs)full english mode . all other modes (french spanish ect run at about 760kbs. so just to know if you watch the dubbed version of your 4k you are not getting the best sound. be well. thx for the response

Back