4K TV As a Gaming Monitor

andy06shake

Im considering purchasing the Toshiba 55U6663DB 55 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD LED TV for £400 to use as my main PC gaming monitor and was just wondering if this was a reasonable choice?

Size seems fine but im just wondering as to image quality and FPS capabilities regarding conection to the PC?

My specs: Ryzen 1600X, 16Gb 3000Mhz DDR4, Palit GTX1070

The 55U6663DB 4K TV only supports refresh rate up to 50Hz, so you're effectively running at a 50FPS cap all the time. This is fine for daily use and casual games, but since you're considering it as your main display for PC gaming, I'd say you should pass.

Of course, the TV itself is not a bad display at all. If you want a second monitor for media consumption or games you don't really care about FPS, I would consider it. But as a main gaming monitor, there're definitely better choices out there.

The 55U6663DB 4K TV only supports refresh rate up to 50Hz, so you're effectively running at a 50FPS cap all the time. This is fine for daily use and casual games, but since you're considering it as your main display for PC gaming, I'd say you should pass.

Of course, the TV itself is not a bad display at all. If you want a second monitor for media consumption or games you don't really care about FPS, I would consider it. But as a main gaming monitor, there're definitely better choices out there.
On further refection, I think I will pass, need at least 60Hz/FPS or its not really worth it. My LG 1080p TV does better Hertz wise all be it at lower resolution.

As far as I am concerned, image quality does not only depend on the display device. You need 4K quality content as well. You might want to consider it.

Back