4K Video Editing/LiveStreaming

HI..can anyone please tell me if the AMD 1920X will be able to handle 4K video editing and 4K live streaming from my cams - I'm trying to configure a PC build and I'm on a budget. Are AMD's Threadripper processors suited tor 4K video editing?

I would think that 4k editing has more to do with large dollops of ram and v fast storage. Both of which are extremely expensive now. The CPU is important, but imo 16/32Gb of ram is well nigh essential. You dont mention what monitor and software you are using along with input files/formats. 4k and budget , hmmm :eek:

You have to work this up from ALL of the requirements of your chosen software / location / goals - you may even find that a 32GB RAM workstation which is now coming off lease is sufficient if you add a 500GB SSD - and can handle what you need for half of what you have as a budget. (Be sure to include UPS and backup...)
Such as: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z800-Wo...AOSw5VtaAiSe:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!06824!US!-1
Thanks for your reply...monitor is not important at this moment...I'll be editing 4K video in h.264/h.265 with Davinci Resolve and recording in HLG (High Log Gamma) for HDR. My goal is to stream live and/or record with OBS, Wirecast, or VMIx using an external 4K to USB 3.0 capture card like the Inogeni 4K to USB 3.0 or the Magewell USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus. If anyone has experience with the AMD 1920x for 4K video editing and streaming please let me know your experience. I'm also thinking about the new iMac Pro even though it's pricey. Thanks again for your reply.

Back