$6000 computer just built myself memory dump blue screening

DKRON

Just built a computer for gaming, everything pretty much highest spec parts, having trouble with a bluescreen error that keeps occuring. Its a memory dump error but everything is brand new, ram cost me $500 (running 12GB triple channel). Any ideas?

Yes, first there is almost nothing you gave us for us to help you. Tell us the make of your hardware, motherboard, RAM, cpu, video card, harddrive, power supply, OS, and security software. Did you overclock? Did you check to see if the RAM you installed is compatible with your motherboard (and we're just not talking type and amount here)? Even though your motherboard may say it can run 12 gigs of memory is your current BIOS designed to do so? We need the details.

Second, when do these BSODs occur?

Third, do you have minidump files in your Minidump folder?

Fourth, have you tried running with less memory to see if it brings stability?

This is the computer's hardware details:

- I7 950 (not overclocked)
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Motherboard
- Corsair HX3X12G1600C9 12GB (6x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) XMS DDR3 For X58 MB/i7 Core, 6x240-pin DIMMs, Triple Channel, 9-9-9-24, 1.65V

HDD's are:
- OCZ Vertex 2 60GB E Series SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB ST31500341AS

Graphic's:
- HIS ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB iCoolerV

Sound:
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD

Burners:
- Samsung SH-B123A 12X Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive
- SATA, Samsung SH-S223C Black Internal 22x Speed Plus DVD±RW Drive, 12x DVD-RAM, 16x +R DL, 12x-R DL, OEM with software included

PSU:
- CoolerMaster Silent Pro M850 850W

Case:
- CoolerMaster HAF X Case

- Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OEM

Just been running it bare without much programs except Office, CS4, Avast, just standard things, oh and Logon studio if that helps.

I do have mini dump files on the computer but not at home at the moment.

Only thing i have found that could cause these errors is that the cpu did say somthing about not being able to run the clock speed that is on the ram.

Turn off the xmp profile on the memory in the bios and see if you still have the problem. In other words, let the memory boot up at regular jedec specs. Sometimes when you have all the memory slots filled on the motherboards, running them at 1.65 volts might cause problems like that.

Figured out a way, heres the last 5 minidump files

Attachments

• 091910-21559-01.zip
    107.1 KB · Views: 7
Did you have the computer built for you, or did you build it yourself? If it was built for you, who built it? The parts alone are roughly $2500 total (the memory is $279.99 btw, not $500 :rolleyes:)

Yea i no i actually got all parts for $3500 holesale but i was estimated it if you weren't buying holesale which is basicly everyone. I build it myself

Memory corruption is cited as the cause of your system crashes. In fact, the error 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT was one of the error codes and this is probably the single strongest error code there is for bad RAM.

However, before running memtest do the following:

1. Find the manufacture's voltage specs for your RAM and compare it to the voltage settings in your BIOS. Do they match? If the motherboard has set it to Auto then in the BIOS manually set it to the memory manufature's voltage specs. Do you gain stability?

2. 12 gigs of RAM is montrous in size. We have found here that even though a motherboard says it can run 12 gigs often this is not the case. Try running with 8 gigs and then 4. Do you receive stability when you do so?

3. What speed of RAM is your motherboard rated for? What is the speed of your RAM? Do you have the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Wow man... The $2500 worth of those products is retail. I'd find a new distributor.

(btw, sorry for derailing your thread. I just saw that price and had to check for myself)

Firstly it hasn't actually bluescreened for a week or so but i have noticed in bios when booting, the memory check picks up different amounts of RAM each time and the frenquency is way off. Will change voltage in the setup. Hopfully not faulty RAM

Wow man... The $2500 worth of those products is retail. I'd find a new distributor.

(btw, sorry for derailing your thread. I just saw that price and had to check for myself)

When I saw the title of the post I expected A 980x 6 core, 12 gig of ddr3 2000, and a whole lot more.

IMO whoever you bought the parts from, send them back. Someone made a pretty penny off your purchase.

Hope you solve your issue to the OP.

When I saw the title of the post I expected A 980x 6 core, 12 gig of ddr3 2000, and a whole lot more.

IMO whoever you bought the parts from, send them back. Someone made a pretty penny off your purchase.

Hope you solve your issue to the OP.

My thoughts exactly, though I was thinking an SR-2 Classified with 2 980x 6 cores.

Yes i know the parts in america would get me a hole lot more, unfortually i bought them through an australian company before i relised the aus dollar was so good against yours

Yes i know the parts in america would get me a hole lot more, unfortually i bought them through an australian company before i relised the aus dollar was so good against yours

At this point it is what it is, but I agree with supersmashbrada, if it is possible get your money back do so. But this is how we all live and learn.

However, we're focusing on the issue at hand. Will very interested in seeing what the BIOS has set your voltage to and if it matches the exact RAM specs it was designed for.

unfortually no, bought it from an online store but will see if i can get it replaced or something like that through the warrenty. What do you think the voltage should be set for?

I have fixed the problem :), one of the simplest things ever, one of the massive 25cm case fan's was shorting out the power to the motherboard, everything is working fine now, powerup to log on screen in 4 seconds so i would call that a success :)

Now that's something I NEVER would have considered! Grats, I'm glad your rig is fully operational again. :)

Well i have meaning to check out the status of my fans because it was getting hotter then it should of been so i took the case side off and watched the fans to see if all were working and the front fan was running extremely slow then stopping and i plugged it into the other power that i was using to power the rest of the fans and it worked

Back