64 bit upgrade ERROR

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=arial]I I have just recently built my p.c, in unrestrained egarness I have accidently installed the 32 bit version (I also have installed graphic drivers n ect before I relised my mistake). under the advice of the internet and a friend I have been told just to put the 64 bit disk in and let it do its thing and that should install the 64 bit.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]however it does not boot from disk, instead it comes up with a message about hardware or software error and that I should repair it with my OS disk. thus I tried agian using the 32 bit disk to boot but instead it just freezes when I hit the any key![/FONT]

[FONT=arial]I need help in rectifying this problem![/FONT]

[FONT=arial]ty Auronv[/FONT]
[/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=Verdana]error message as follows[/FONT]
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=arial]: window failed to start. a recent hardware or software cahge may be the problem. to fix:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]1. insert windows instaltion disc n restart[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]2.choose your language and then clik next[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]3. click repair you comp[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]if you do not have disc contact some one[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]file:\windows\system32\boot\winload.efi[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]status:0xc0000001[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]info: the selected etery could not be loaded because the aplication is missing or corrupt (it isnt as I used the disk to suplement a freinds broken disk a few days ago)[/FONT]
[/FONT][/LEFT]

What are your specs other than the motherboard? Did you set the BIOS to boot from the disc? You may have to do a clean install from scratch. Installing a 64bit OS over the 32bit installation can cause problems.

Ah k but mines windows 7. also tryed using formatting software on [FONT=sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=sans-serif]Ultimate Boot CD had no luck as an error message appears when I try to use DBan programm[/FONT]

Back