7 hours with Dell and still no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay,

I was like a kid waiting for X-mas when I placed my order a week ago for my new computer. I went with Dell because of there service and plus I am a novice when it comes to computers. I did my research and loaded up on what I could get for the money I had to spend, with a few things my wife wanted of coarse.

Low an behold my computer showed up on Saturday and I went to work, once I had everything plugged in I turned the beast on and started to fill out the first time users stuff for Windows, I put my cpu's name, my name, password, etc. When it went to start windows up for the first time I got a blue screen for a memory dump. It restarted and when I came back in, I had to repeat the same process over again, this time it didn't verify the new settings, it just launched Windows.

It showed the first login I set up as well as the second. I logged in and it gave me this message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00041284
BCP2: 05ABA001
BCP3: 0000292D
BCP4: C0802000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini012409-04.dmp
C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52213-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE80.tmp.version.txt

I clicked on find solution, but nothing happened because my inter net wasn't hooked up. I fixed my settings for my monitor and increased the resolution, I also fixed my sound card settings and installed my linxys plug in Inter net adapter.
I tried to upload a music cd and boom blue screen again. It came back in no problem and downloaded a bunch of updates and nothing happened for a little while. I then downloaded WoW and after downloading the game it tried to download the latest patches and it just wouldn't download one of them and when I tried to download the patch again, boom blue screen again.

I have been on the phone with dell for over 7 hours and this is what they have done so far with nothing being fixed. Reset back to factory configuration: Blue Screed still came up, Tested: Hard Drive=passed, pulled out and reset the memory, Tested: Memory=passed, Re-installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1=no issues found, we went to test hardware and it froze on a file, but the tech guy said to let it see what happens. An hour later we were disconnected on the phone, he didn't call back and I was frustrated and needed to just walk away for awhile. I started the computer up this morning and, BLUE SCREEN!

Sorry this is so long, however I felt you should have as much detail as possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

0x1A errors are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors and as per auhma.org...

This memory management error is usually hardware related. Check the Windows system requirements including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load/run the operating system.

Take advantage of your Dell 30-day return privilege.... Talk to Dell USA, and they will exchange the computer for one that works properly... If you Get Dell India, tell them you need to talk to Dell in Round Rock... If they hang up, call back and request again...
Once Dell knows, they will take care of it... but it is hard to get past the tech on the phone because they are evaluated on keeping you online with Indian, Panama, Philippines, or the other Dell sites.
Dell doesn't want this to happen any more than you do... and they will make good if you are persistent.
If you have no luck, call Dell Business and request a connection with somebody.

Thank you for your help gentlemen! I am very appreciative of your responses. I will give the sales rep at dell a call since I have the managers information.

Thanks!!

The Dell Sales Manager that I placed my order through said they will get this taken care of ASAP and not through international means.

I will let you know what they come up with and do.

Dell management, when they know, are very good at cutting corners to make you happy.
Let us know how it turns out... do not avoid stepping up to a higher level if things do not happen quickly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back